Connected Glass

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Download from this page. No requirements besides Forge (in particular, Immibis Core is not required).

1.6.4 version here.

Plenty of mods have their own glass types with connected textures, but only Optifine does it for vanilla, so I made this.

Screenshot for anyone who doesn't already know what connected glass looks like:
6dE8q.jpg

9Kobh.jpg

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nice!

Good to see that vanilla CTM is now going beyond Optifine. It's a pain to need Optifine for CTM, if you don't need it for anything else.
Any plans to expand to other vanilla textures? Perhaps user configurable? You provide the framework, others provide the textures (thinking of texture packs).

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to have a standalone version of this :)

Does it play nice with the modpacks yet? I put it in DW20 1.6 and there's no change (console only shows an MCVersion warning).

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Nice one immibis. Though I still prefer TiCo's clear glass. :p But it is a great addition for those who would love to play with vanilla glass but wanted the connected textures for them. :)

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
You are amazing at finding very simple concepts and implementing them with no fuss at all.

Thank you so much.

I honestly don't know what bit of yours impresses me more, your power armor, or your ability to fix things that others have neglected *cough*glass*cough*Vhopeprs*cough*.
Uh, what power armour? And what hoppers?

RainbowSaber

Jul 29, 2019
normal Glass works fine for me but the stained version render as purple/black squares
I am not using alot of mods(no optifine) and got no clue why this is happening

RainbowSaber

Jul 29, 2019
can you backport the last bugfix to 1.7.2 ?
would certainly enjoy some connected glass magic while waiting on the alst few mods to update

RainbowSaber

Jul 29, 2019
most mods arent updated yet thus I and many others still are on 1.7.2
didnt encounter any REAL bugs either (apart from some texture hickups)