Confused about bees again...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
well, one bee in particular.

I finally got over my confusion caused by the "bees needing to be in their native conditions to produce specials, regardless of tolerance traits" thing being introduced/fixed.

So I started using biome overrides and condition changers in my industrial apiaries (fanks again Gendustry, you so sexy). This is working for all my bee types, even the ones that naturally wouldn't be able to work under the sea (hellish types especially).

However, I'm trying to use slippery bees as an alternative to actually growing canola (since it acts a bit weird with agricraft) and it's not working.

Slippery bees are Normal Temp/Normal Humidity native.
My apiary is under an ocean, so it's Normal Temp/Damp Humidity.
I'm using a single Dryer Upgrade. This is working fine for all my other normal/normal native bees.

But my slippery bees are only producing their standard set of combs, no slippery comb or canola drops at all. Is there another condition i'm missing?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
i think reika is on the ftb forums. you might want to ask him for more info :)

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
well, one bee in particular.

I finally got over my confusion caused by the "bees needing to be in their native conditions to produce specials, regardless of tolerance traits" thing being introduced/fixed.

So I started using biome overrides and condition changers in my industrial apiaries (fanks again Gendustry, you so sexy). This is working for all my bee types, even the ones that naturally wouldn't be able to work under the sea (hellish types especially).

However, I'm trying to use slippery bees as an alternative to actually growing canola (since it acts a bit weird with agricraft) and it's not working.

Slippery bees are Normal Temp/Normal Humidity native.
My apiary is under an ocean, so it's Normal Temp/Damp Humidity.
I'm using a single Dryer Upgrade. This is working fine for all my other normal/normal native bees.

But my slippery bees are only producing their standard set of combs, no slippery comb or canola drops at all. Is there another condition i'm missing?
You can try a Lumen Alveary, which can fake it.