Problem Configuring Towny on MCPC+ (Turtle Problem)

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get Towny to recognize fake players, like ComputerCraft turtles, and I've gotten Forestry to work, and BuildCraft to work now, but I can't seem to get Turtles to be able to place blocks, they can only break them. I've seen config options listed for fake login player events in an older mod_ccturtle.cfg, but do not see those options in the newer ccturtle.cfg in the config folder. As well as a turtlemode=one or perturtle, but do not see that one as well.

Does anyone else have Turtles working with Towny and can let me know where in which config I need to change or add options to get them working?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Iain_VM

Jul 29, 2019
Did you get this to work in the end?
I have the same problem I believe and would like to know the solution if you have one.

isomerc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm at my wits' end with trying to find/install/run MCPC. I can't find 1.4.7, and I can't figure out what to use to connect to one running 5.1.2

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
Did you get this to work in the end?
I have the same problem I believe and would like to know the solution if you have one.

Still haven't got it working. People on my server are okay with it at the moment, so stopped worrying about it. No one seems to know, so I'm just guessing there isn't a solution for the time being.

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
What all plugins are you running?

DeathChest, Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsGroupBridge, EssentialsGroupManager, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, GetPerms, MyCommand, Questioner, Register, Sleep, Towny, TownyChat, VanishNoPacket.

Disabling Towny enables the placement of blocks by Turtles. I just can't figure where at in Towny to allow ComputerCraft to place blocks. I tried adding it to the op list, adding it to the admin group, adding it to the townyconfig under the add any fake players section, and still doesn't work.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. I am trying to remember if towny has a debug mode. If it does you can turn that on and see what the turtle is printing. Considering when you try the place command is it returning true or false?

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. I am trying to remember if towny has a debug mode. If it does you can turn that on and see what the turtle is printing. Considering when you try the place command is it returning true or false?

Alright then. I turned on debug mode to go test it and see what the message displays, and suddenly it's working fine. I guess something I did previously finally worked, and I wasn't aware of it. Not going to question it. I have [ComputerCraft] and [Turtle] in my Ops list, my groupmanager under admins, and under Towny's list of fake players, so it being in one or more of those places seems to have fixed it. Now to never change anything and break it, till 1.6 and start all over again. :)

Appreciate your help.