Solved Config won't apply to server

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jakeNnate

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching the internet for solutions to this problem but have been unsuccessful, so I decided to try and ask here on the FTB forums. Anyways, I recently downloaded the Ultimate FTB modpack, and the server and it works fine. However, when I change something in the config files it doesn't take effect in game. I make sure the .cfg files are saved, I restart the server, I can go back into the config files and see that I made changes, go into the game and nothing will have changed. Any idea why this would happen? Thank you.

GuntherDW

Jul 29, 2019
Some mods tend to save/reload while running so it's best to only change the configs when the server isn't running. You also need to keep both the server and client in sync (Well you don't have to but the server'll do stuff that the client doesn't expect and vice versa).
Are the changes you make gameplay wise or actual BlockID's and such?

jakeNnate

Jul 29, 2019
I do not keep the server running while changing the configs. I am also trying to turn off some of the hard mode stuff on GregTech, not editing item values.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Like Gunther said, make sure your client and server config files match. If you don't match them, NEI will show you the expensive recipe, since your client tells NEI that it uses the hard recipe. Try crafting it with that recipe, you will see that it doesnt let you craft it because it is not the actual recipe. Once you change the client-side config you should see the right recipes.

jakeNnate

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that was my problem, my client wasn't matched up with the server. But that leads me to another question, would other's also need to change their client config so that the recipes in NEI would match with the actual recipes?

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they will have to do the same thing, otherwise they will not be able to craft the machines either.