ComputerCraft with Thermal Expansian Help!

Will Stead

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get an advanced computer to send a redstone signal when an energy cell from thermal expansion has a certain energy level then stop sending when it hits another level and then only resend the signal when it re-hits the original level?
for example send the signal when power level is at 40,000,000 and stop when power level is at 100,000. I don't know how to get it so that it sends at 40,000,000 and stop at 100,000 then doesnt restart untill it hits 40,000,000 again. I don't want it to send the signal when its charging. Anyone got any idea?
Thanks

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
You have to wrap the energy cell with openperipheral then have it read the numbers and send the redstone signal as you like.

Will Stead

Jul 29, 2019
but is there a way so that it sends the signal when the charge hits 40,000,000RF and stops when it hits 100,000RF but then it doesnt send until it next read 40,000,000?

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
You can do this with a comparator and a RS Latch, no need for computercraft,

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
It is a gate with 2 input. S for set, R for reset.
If you turn on the set input, the output of the latch turns on.
if you turn on the reset input, the output of the latch turn off.

put the comprator against the cell.
put a redstone line in front of the comparator.
You want to set the latch when the comparator signal is low and reset when the signal is high.
Put redstone torch on the side of the first or second block supporting redstone. If the signal go below the threshold, the redstone turns off, and the torch lights up. This is your "set" input.
Hook the far end of the comparator redstone line to the reset input.
As for the gate itselt it depends on what modpack you are using. You can use Projetc:Red/Redpower Latches, MFR Rednet controller or vanilla minecraft (plenty of designs on minecraft wiki).
MFR controller would be the most compact.

Will Stead

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I think I understand what you mean, could you add a picture of what it is suppose to look like?

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla solution:
Vanilla.jpg

output is on the right of the RS nor latch.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Memory_circuit#RS-NOR_Latches

MFR rednet solution:
We take input in the right with white color. Ouput is left and white colored.
Rednet.jpg
input R:
if comparator output equals 15 we set vars 0 to On
reset.jpg
input S:
If comparator output equals 0 we set vars 1 to On
set.jpg
RS latch
Vars 0 is R input. vars 1 is S input.
RSLatch.jpg

Even if you plan to use rednet controller, i would suggest you to experiment with the vanilla solution first in order to understand how it works.

What you want to do is called Hysteresis. It is a basic concept in automation. If you have an electric oven or any other home appliance with a heater, there is hysteresis at work in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoosyDoosy

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
I may have made a mistake with the controller. There might be some tweaking to do.

Last edited: