Computer Craft recipes too easy

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable the Computer Craft recipes and replace them with more complex recipes? I would like to see the recipes be extensions of Redpower computers, mainly because I see the Computer Craft computers as being the next tier of computers. What I would like to see as the recipes for the Computer Craft items would be as follows:

Components are Redpower computer components and Chicken Bones Wireless Redstone. The dyes would be any item that can be used as a dye (Rose Red, Lapis Lazuli, etc)

Computer
IO Expander, Monitor (rp), IO Expander
8K RAM, CPU, 8K RAM,
8K RAM, IO Expander, 8K RAM

Modem
IO Expander, Receiver Dish
Wireless Transceiver

Disk Drive
IO Expander, Disk Drive (rp)

Turtle
Frame Motor, IO Expander, Frame Motor
Blulectric Motor, Computer, Blulectric Motor
Frame Motor, Chest, Frame Motor

Monitor
IO Expander
Monitor (rp)

Printer
Stone, IO Expander, Stone
Stone, Blulectric Motor, Stone
Stone, Ink Sac, Stone

Advanced Computer
Red Dye, Eye of Ender, Yellow Dye
Blue Dye, Computer, Green Dye
Black Dye, White Dye, Brown Dye

Advanced Monitor

Red Dye, IO Expander, Yellow Dye
Blue Dye, Monitor (cc), Green Dye
Black Dye, White Dye, Brown Dye

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could make the CC OS a disc that goes into a RP2 computer. An advanced computer simply would take more resources. The rest seems reasonable, I just don't like having three blocks that do basically the same thing(the same idea not functionality)

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
Making a Computer Craft OS disk for the Redpower computer would be a good idea too, but I am not sure if the Redpower computers can connect to all the different peripherals that have been made for the Computer Craft computers.

Also as for having different blocks with the same idea, I see it a bit differently. To me it is more like the difference between IC2 solar panels and the compact solar panels/advanced solar panels or Iron Chests, different blocks, same idea, just upgraded versions of the others.

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
I found a mod that can do half the job, Custom Recipes. Now I need to find something to disable the original recipes. Is there any mods out there that do that?

fethergood

Jul 29, 2019
Making a Computer Craft OS disk for the Redpower computer would be a good idea too, but I am not sure if the Redpower computers can connect to all the different peripherals that have been made for the Computer Craft computers.

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
I completely agree with this.
Because a turtle and a computer have so much potential and customizability, it should cost more than a few stone, glass and redstone.
I believe that Misc Peripherals is a good step, because those recipes are reasonably expensive and are rightfully so.
Anyways, I think it'd be wise for GregTech to add some form of nerf or challenge to CC's computers. Yes, it's an IC2 addon, but that hasn't intervened in GregTech's modification of other major mods like RailCraft.
Good post, I support this, +1 :)

Reactions: Narcisism

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
look at http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/506109-146-cubex2s-mods-multi-page-chest-updated/ "Custom Stuff 2" it can add recipes and remove other look at its wiki: http://minecraftmodcustomstuff.wikia.com/wiki/Recipes :D should not be to hard to remove old and add new recipes :D
Yes! I think this is exactly what I am looking for. Will have to check it out, has a lot of other things it does which I think can be applied to other mods to integrate them a bit more.

Knatte_Anka

Jul 29, 2019
Have got some parts to work :D this script in "code" section is to define all materials that i know of at this point that needs to be removed or added. it also contain code to remove CC_Computer recipe and add a new recipe using Custom stuff 2. maybe that i continue to work on it as i also want it to work like reznod :D and i like his recipes :D it does it much longer chain to get a CC computers :D maybe i add a change to the RP2 Computer to only use a diamond panel instead of the Diamond block.

Code:
/* ComputerCraft Using RP2 Parts
Made By Knatte_Anka for Feed the Beast

*/
//---------------------------------------------
//---Adding Aliases and Aliases with metadata--
//---------------------------------------------
//ComputerCraft
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1225,0,"CC_Computer");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1225,16384, "CC_Gold_Comp");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1226,0,"CC_Disk_Drive");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1226, 4, "CC_Gold_Monitor");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1226, 3, "CC_Printer");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1226, 2, "CC_Monitor");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1226, 1, "CC_Modem");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(1227,0,"CC_Turlet");

//WRR
mod.addAlias(6409,"WRR_Wirekess_Transceiver");
mod.addAlias(6411,"WRR_Receiver_Dish");

// Adding Aliases for Computercraft Added Parts

//-----------------------------------
// Adding Aliases for  Redpower2 Parts
mod.addAlias(756,"RP2_IO_Expander");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(755,0,"RP2_Monitor");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(755, 1, "RP2_Cpu");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(755, 2, "RP2_Disk_Drive");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(754, 1, "RP2_8K_Ram");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(5257, 11, "RP2_Blu_Motor");
mod.addAliasWithMetadata(763, 7, "RP2_Frame_Motor");
//------------------------------------
// Adding Aliases for  vanilla parts
mod.addAlias(1 ,"Stone");
mod.addAlias(102 ,"GlasPanel");
mod.addAlias(331 ,"Redstone");

//------------------------------------

//CC_Computer Change Recipe
mod.removeRecipe("CC_Computer",3,3,"Stone","Stone","Stone","Stone","Redstone","Stone","Stone","GlasPanel","Stone");
mod.addRecipe("CC_Computer 1",3 ,3 ,"RP2_IO_Expander","RP2_Monitor","RP2_IO_Expander","RP2_8K_Ram","RP2_Cpu","RP2_8K_Ram","RP2_8K_Ram","RP2_IO_Expander","RP2_8K_Ram");

Edit: note that what i know Custom stuff2 works on smp but only testing at this point on ssp.
Edit2: uploaded a Custom Stuff2 Mod that changes all recipes to that OP wanted and also changed RP2_CPU to use Diamond Panel instead of Diamond Block.
if some parts is not wanted then it is only to comment it out.
i did use it with Direwolf Mod pack V2 1.4.6 but should work with other as long as IDs is the same else you have to change them in Mod.js
http://www.mediafire.com/?vlewodmhf5cwt3f

Knatte_Anka

Jul 29, 2019
note that i give all credit to Reznod and the mod owners for Redpower2 , ComputerCraft and Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to point out, there is a reason all the base components for CC computers are so cheap, the mod-maker specifically made them that way so people could have easy access, and were more limited by needing to program instead of needing to mine. CC is more about spreading programming, less about hard to obtain items. That said, trust me, Misc Peripherals ramps up the difficulty in making items when it comes to really special blocks and peripherals.

Reactions: arkangyl

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to through my worthless two pence in and say I'm not sure CC needs to be any more complex, as stated above the idea is to get into programming quickly, and I feel this is where the complexity comes from. Programming is a very different skill to any other required to play MC (and for many this will be their first experience with programming), now I know Elo gave us RP computers which are more complex to build then CC ones, but my point still stands. The difficulty of this mod comes from using the computers not in crafting them.

Anyway that's just my opinion, and I appreciate many won't agree with me, and it's nice to see people are finding ways to alter things to their needs :).