Computer Craft Monitor Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Death-A-Lot

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some basic code to display something on a monitor.

I have three monitors with the computer behind the middle monitor. All I am after is a code that I can edit what it prints to the monitor, the size and colour. The code needs to be centered in the middle of the the three monitors.

I tried doing it myself last night but after nearly two hours I gave up. Or if you can alternatively point me to a decent written tutorial that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Are you just trying to display certain text like an advertisement or something like an item count ? If its just like an advertisement or something you can use an industrial info panel

Death-A-Lot

Jul 29, 2019
Are you just trying to display certain text like an advertisement or something like an item count ? If its just like an advertisement or something you can use an industrial info panel

I just want it to say one thing on the monitors like "exit". Then the same code but displaying something else like "entrance".

So basically it's the same code I can use on different setups but changing what it displays. If that makes sense.

That's what I was using originally, which works until I needed to change the size of the text is change the text itself.

I am more than willing to admit that it is probably very easy to do but I just can't figure it out, I know I'm missing something simple but I just don't know what.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently your wrapped monitor has a "setTextScale(size)" function, so you'd call that at the start of your code, then just use the regular Term commands to position your cursor and write your text.

Having not used monitors myself, here's what I can only assume is a working sample:

Code:
local m = peripheral.wrap("right") -- Or whatever side the monitor is on
m.clear() -- Just in case the display isn't already empty
m.setTextScale(5) -- This is the largest size, you may want smaller
m.setCursorPos(3,4) -- Or whatever numbers get things nice and centered
m.write("EXIT")