Completely random Client Crashes, Can't launch the game

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

SgtSkybox

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Completely random Client Crashes, Can't launch the game
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
My client started to crash randomly yesterday. I have not made any changes to my computer before the crashes occurred. After the crashes occurred I have tried to update to the latest java version, downgrading to another java version (and yes, I have gone into the advanced options and told the launcher what version to use), updating my graphics card driver, reinstalled ftb (removed it from all my disks) and downloaded the latest launcher again, all with no luck. I have always had 10GB of ram assigned to FTB (I have 16GB ram in my computer).

The crashes are from what I can see, completely random. I have not had a crash report that looks the same as another one. I have around 30 different reports in my infinity minecraft folder, it's different every time. I have linked one of the logs, it wouldn't let me put more of them there. Also, every log seems to say something about

[EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000032a2210, pid=3856, tid=6896]

I have also noticed that the pid and tid numbers are different every time. Anyway, help would be appreciated.

S

Simon_xy

What Graphic Card your using?
Because with my NVIDIA Card I get a simillar Error:
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffbce4c33a0, pid=5296, tid=2784

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried downgrading your GPU drivers? Do you have FTB saved onto your disc directly or someplace else (like the desktop?). You only need 4-5 gigs of RAM assigned to Java. Any more and it could memory leak from failing to GC at such high RAM usage, or even nom into system memory (I have seen this happen and they had to reinstall everything since their OS was corrupted).

And are you letting Java use your GPU (and not some integrated component)? Somewhere in said GPU control panel should be the option to let specific programs use it, sometimes java is blocked and you have to manually add it.

SgtSkybox

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried downgrading your GPU drivers? Do you have FTB saved onto your disc directly or someplace else (like the desktop?). You only need 4-5 gigs of RAM assigned to Java. Any more and it could memory leak from failing to GC at such high RAM usage, or even nom into system memory (I have seen this happen and they had to reinstall everything since their OS was corrupted).

And are you letting Java use your GPU (and not some integrated component)? Somewhere in said GPU control panel should be the option to let specific programs use it, sometimes java is blocked and you have to manually add it.

Have you tried downgrading your GPU drivers?
Like I said, I haven't made any changes to my computer before the crashes occurred. I don't see why it would start to crash when nothing has changed.

Do you have FTB saved onto your disc directly or someplace else (like the desktop?)
It's stored in a folder, I have always had it there and it have always worked before.

You only need 4-5 gigs of RAM assigned to Java.
I tried, didn't work.

I tried, didn't work.

One thing to note is that ATLauncher is running fine.

SgtSkybox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not even getting to the point where i can login. It's during the launch of the game, at some point it crashes there, all at random intervals.