Compact Windmills... Sooooo Good

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeOtaku

Jul 29, 2019
So i've been messing around with my eu generation (idk y i always start with generating eu rather than mj... maybe easy and free generation?), and i was looking at the mod i was really interested in and recommended on the 1.6 mod recommendation thread, which was compact windmills. I figured that they are extremely good. They only cost 4 of the lower tier ones to make a higher tier one, where solars cost 8. also, they work at night at almost the same eu output!!!!!! also you can make one that generate 2048 eu per tick!!! this in my mind=super op. However with squid + biofuel being killed off, this is like the best way to get your base powered in the early stages of the game. Foresty electric engines give mj from it as well. The only con to this is you need to make new windmill blades every so often, but the eu you get from this gives uu liquid fast enough and when u get enough iridium you can make a iridium one that never wares out. Currently i have 8 HV ones and 2 ev ones and i have 2 setups of 4 on one of the 2048 eu cable going into an mfsu and 2 setups of 1 ev connecting to the 2048 eu cable into a mfsu and one into a mass fab.

BTW just asking how big of a treefarm do i need to make to get enough charcoal for steam boilers. I currently have a 15x15 and it is not enough for 5 36HP boilers

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
For the tree farm, use either Ghostwood Trees into planks or Force Trees into Golden Power Sources. The former would be your best bet IMO.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
oh okey, id try to get some farmed with dat. i do have tones of sapplings from the nether so no problem on that. would doing ghostwood trees give me enough for around 6-7 36hp boilers?
Not sure. Try it with your current setup and see how well it works. Make sure to run it through a TE Sawmill for max output.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
oh okey, id try to get some farmed with dat. i do have tones of sapplings from the nether so no problem on that. would doing ghostwood trees give me enough for around 6-7 36hp boilers?
Not sure but I do know that a 3x3 MFR treefarm with Ghostwood was enough to easily fuel 2 36HP on charcoal at normal (non-fertilized) growth rates. In 1.5.2 but things may have changed.

Hoptimist

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even use windmills in Monster - the rotor recipe doesn't even work.
I have the same problem, can't get the recipe to work. Anyone know how to fix this?

I think I have found a way to enable the use of rotors. I went to \Minecraft\Monster\minecraft\config\aroma1997\CompactWindmills and changed

"B:useIC2Stuff=true" to "B:useIC2Stuff=false".

This enabled the use of rotors, I could craft and insert then into my WindMills, and get power.

I have no idea if this changed anything else, but i'll post it here if I find something worth mentioning.