Coming from Tekkit? Read this first.

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo!
So you played tekkit back in the day. Loved the mods, avoided the drama, and generally had fun. but now feed the beast comes along, and its got new mods! and Mod Dev support! and its 1.4.2! You say, oh, i'll just port over my tekkit world, the users will love this!

Nope.

See, tekkit had a lot of mods that are outdated or not updated. here is a list. stuff like EE2, Nether ores, and Power Converters were not included in FTB, and would probably break your world. if it is important to you, POSSIBLY you could edit out all the mod blocks from your world. otherwise, expect crashes and corruption.

Post any further questions here, I'll be glad to answer them.

Reactions: Punny Bunny

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion to Tekkit server owners at this point is honestly to create a new world. The chances of world corruption happening increase exponentially with every single player and mod (inventories and block IDs and whatnot). Plus, FTB is so vastly different with so many more mods, it seems like a grand opportunity for simultaneous discovery/fun for all the players. =) Nothing quite like a fresh start.

Reactions: Anemoi

Bnagers

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, FTB is so vastly different with so many more mods, it seems like a grand opportunity for simultaneous discovery/fun for all the players. =) Nothing quite like a fresh start.

This, so much. It's been a long time since I've had that feeling of discovery whilst playing Tekkit. If your players are too upset about a fresh start then they're boring people. If you don't want a fresh start then you're selfish.