Combustible engines. And cooling them down.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i am using a water pump with 3 red stone engines on it. I have a 3 x 3 hole i filled with water for the pump.

The thing id the pump keeps sucking my water pit dry. I thought if you do this the water is unlimited.

If there is a better way to do this please me know.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Aqueous accumulator block from Thermal Expansion. Just place it down, place 2 water sources next to it for maximum efficiency, and place pipes/liquiducts to transfer the water.

I believe your problem happens to be chunks unloading which causes the water not to update and therefore not make new source blocks, or something like that. Aqueous Accumulators are much more reliable as it doesn't need the water to update and form source blocks to function.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx for quick reply. Is there a way to make chunks reload, so it won't cause me problems in the future with other things.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I can add 1 of these to FTB? sorry I am new to minecraft. Learning from you tube videos.

thx for the help. My Quarry is running nicely now. My engine is at a stable 4900 degrees.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i am using dw 20 not sure why that is happening with the pumps. The Aqueous Accumulators is working great and it is more compact, so it is easier to move when i move my quarry.

I even tried putting the pump in a water mass made by the game not me. it was a small lake 20 x 20 i guess and it sucked it dry^^. Blew up my basement.

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
I just revised my combustion engine system yesterday using liquid and energy tesseracts. It's much cleaner now and more reliable. I made a video about it (warning: I suck at making videos)