Collecting XP from player to a tank

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
M

MegaOmega001

So I got 32 levels right now, gonna get more as I behead wither skeletons for their skulls, I want to know the best way to collect this XP to mob essence, I know of the XP extractor, and have been using it, but far as I know, it'll only put 1 level into a bucket, then I can empty that bucket, is there any better way to put levels into a tank, or do I really have to put a level into a bucket, empty the bucket, rinse and repeat 32 times?

Currently on FTB's Agrarian Skies 2 modpack.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
OpenBlocks has a XP Drain which will extract all XP into liquid form. EnderIO Experience Obelisk is simple to work with, as well.

M

MegaOmega001

I checked, no EnderIO on the modpack, also doesn't a XP drain only work if something dies on it?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The OpenBlocks Drain will suck levels out of any player who stands on top of it (while it's placed on a tank). XP orbs will also be converted to Liquid XP if they should come into contact with a drain. This makes it useful for storing your XP when you don't want to have all those levels on you, but can also make a nice addition to several forms of mob farms.

Reactions: MikW

W0LFCREEK420

Jul 17, 2020
The OpenBlocks Drain will suck levels out of any player who stands on top of it (while it's placed on a tank). XP orbs will also be converted to Liquid XP if they should come into contact with a drain. This makes it useful for storing your XP when you don't want to have all those levels on you, but can also make a nice addition to several forms of mob farms.
but what should i do if i have over 500+ lvls it takes years too extract it with that drain xD (and i cant implement ender io to ma modpack)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
but what should i do if i have over 500+ lvls it takes years too extract it with that drain xD (and i cant implement ender io to ma modpack)

As with many things, early and often is the best rule. If you have a way to collect 500 levels, I hardly think storing it will be a pressing concern. If you do decide to try, maybe try a 2x2 grid of drains and stand in the center, much like using a hopper minecart to divide drops into four hopper outputs? My memory is fuzzy. This was originally posted in 2017, so it's hard to reach back that far as so much has changed since.