Collecting Loyal players, builders, and staff, For a steampunk themed server,

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
Land Of Xiera is a new Feed the Beast community. We do focus on the survival aspect of Minecraft, and the endless possibilities and opportunities of minecraft. We only strive to give the best possible creations.
As stated above, we are a new community. We are currently developing our server to make a amazing server where this community can thrive

WHAT WE AIM FOR?

Land Of Xiera aims to cater for all of our communities needs. We aim to have a server that has plugins, for our players needs. Further a long the line we aim to have our own dev team creating fantastic plugins, and eventually our own Modpack. We also aim to have a dedicated voice communication service to make communication easier within the community.

POSITIONS.

Of course, I can't do this a lone, It requires help to get it off it's feet. This is where you come in. Whether you are talented at building, lore writing, modpack creators, redstone, plugin management, plugin development, or an all round genius, the Xiera community is waiting for you. Below is a list of current positions available at Xiera. We aim to expand this as our community grows.

Admin - Keeps the server running. Any major problems are sent to admins who will then deal with it accordingly. Keeps in constant contact with the founder to make sure things run smoothly and efficiently.
Web Admin - It is the web admins job to keep everything running on the internet side. Such as the website, Wiki, Youtube, and social networking sites.
Moderator - Regulates the server so it is friendly to all ages, and keeps it safe from spammers and the like. They also answer any questions they can, and if they can't they advance it to a higher rank.
Trusted - These players have been members of Xiera for a long time, and are trusted within the community. They have more permissions than architect, such as being able to use World edit.
Architect - Advanced members who have shown amazing talent in their creations. Can only be chosen by Admin or above. They have slightly more commands than the sponsor. Can establish new worlds and pick who is able to build in them.
Mechanic - Has the same permissions as Architect, but is more advanced in the field of redstone.
Sponsor - Members of the community who have donated $20 or more. Comes with the ability to tpa and use the warp system.
Builder - Have access to simple but useful commands. Can be achieved by contributing projects and awesomeness, or by donating £10.
Guest - Has been approved by an admin and is now officially a member of Xiera. Has access to basic tools to help them build.
Plugins maker - Makes & edits plugins for the server and helps troubleshoot issues with pre-made plugins.

Rules.

1. Do not grief,

2. Do not steal unless unlocked,

3. Respect all users and staff,

4. Don't abuse plugins Nor mods,

5. Don't ask for items,

6. Don't use Hacks,

7. Use common sense,

8. Have fun,

APPLICATIONS.

IGN:

Why you would like to become a member of Xiera:

Methods of communicating with you:

Expertise (E.g. Building, redstone, plugin management, plugin development, website development):

Example of your work (MUST include or your application will be invalid and therefore not looked at):

Once you have filled out the application above, post it below.

Thank you for showing interest in us and we will look forward to seeing your applications!

Attachments

• LoX Banner 2.png
    LoX Banner 2.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 52

darkadders

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: darkadders

Why you would like to become a member of Xiera: I honestly love the idea of a steampunk themed server, and find the idea within both the tekkit and the FTB modpack to be extremely underrated. Maybe I've been looking at he wrong places, but this is one of the few servers/server ideas I've found for them.

Methods of communicating with you: My Skype is <spoiler>bendik.nyhus</spoiler>, and my E-mail is [email protected]. So obvious :v

Expertise: As far as building and redstone goes, I'm fairly developed; but plugin management and development are both new to me. I have slight knowledge of website development, but that's pretty much it.

Example of your work: (Basic, but cozy/nifty IMO)
r27cjkW.png

Hope ya consider it!

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: darkadders

Why you would like to become a member of Xiera: I honestly love the idea of a steampunk themed server, and find the idea within both the tekkit and the FTB modpack to be extremely underrated. Maybe I've been looking at he wrong places, but this is one of the few servers/server ideas I've found for them.

Methods of communicating with you: My Skype is <spoiler>bendik.nyhus</spoiler>, and my E-mail is [email protected]. So obvious :v

Expertise: As far as building and redstone goes, I'm fairly developed; but plugin management and development are both new to me. I have slight knowledge of website development, but that's pretty much it.

Example of your work: (Basic, but cozy/nifty IMO)
r27cjkW.png

Hope ya consider it!
ok

Well, you took the time to Create a nice little application, We could always use more members, Your example of work isn't the most....Striking, But if you could show us something that would knock our pants off, I'll accept you on the spot, I'm expecting good things from you :D

darkadders

Jul 29, 2019
ok

Well, you took the time to Create a nice little application, We could always use more members, Your example of work isn't the most....Striking, But if you could show us something that would knock our pants off, I'll accept you on the spot, I'm expecting good things from you :D

To be quite honest I'm not really the "knock-your-pants-off" kinda guy when it comes to constructing. I can and will pull off some pretty nifty stuff if given enough time, but spending that time building something for an application isn't the most appealing idea ~(. n .)~. What I can tell you is that that cactus farm is automated, and down the ladder in the background lies a stairwell, taking you up to the first floor again. underneath the stairwell lies a double-retracting doorway to a secret pathway. Walk through the 2x1 hallway for a bit, and you arrive at a hidden compartment, located to the left of the nether portal (looking outwards). Inside, there are various chests, and an enchanting table. The house ladder goes from the roof to the basement, and inside the basement lies various machines; a tinker table, a pulverizer, etc, with pipes carrying the completed ingots into the chests above (The machines are underneath the chests and crafting table, horizontally).
I was unsure of whether or not to put one or two pictures in the application, which is why I thought the one provided would give the most over-view of what I had constructed (And yes, this was created on a server, and is currently the base of operations for both me and a good friend of mine :3).

I hope this gives a bit more insight as to what lies beneath the construction, and a reason why I rather wrote a description of my work instead of creating a brand new "mind-blowing" construction masterpiece. I would provide one, but I'd rather not unless completely necessary. :v

Rustik

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: RustikGaming

Why I would like to become a member of Xiera: I really love the building aspect of Minecraft and your server is one of the few I've seen that looks like it could lead to some interesting building opportunities (with the Steampunk theme and all). Also I like that you are going to focus on the survival part of Minecraft rather than just building awesome things, because (in my opinion) there is nothing more gratifying than gathering a ton of resources in survival and building something incredible. Also I just love playing with mods and finding new and exciting ways to make them do fun and amazing things.

Methods of Communication:
- Twitter: @RustikGaming​
- Youtube: xXRustikGamingXx​

Expertise: I don't really consider myself specialized in any one area as I'm pretty well-rounded in most areas but if I were to choose I'd say that I'm best at building things that are extremely functional (i.e. automated farms) but still maintain a sense of style (ex. the buildings in the screenshots I have linked below are all automated in more ways than one)

Example of my work: One of my creative creations just can't be done justice with one screenshot so here's a link to an album (http://imgur.com/a/7MhOV) and just for kicks, a teaser. Also please note that this build took me the better part of a year to complete, which leads me to tell you that I'm not a fast builder by any means but once I get going with a set idea things can really take off and progress in leaps and bounds.

ZVOGYnA.jpg

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: RustikGaming

Why I would like to become a member of Xiera: I really love the building aspect of Minecraft and your server is one of the few I've seen that looks like it could lead to some interesting building opportunities (with the Steampunk theme and all). Also I like that you are going to focus on the survival part of Minecraft rather than just building awesome things, because (in my opinion) there is nothing more gratifying than gathering a ton of resources in survival and building something incredible. Also I just love playing with mods and finding new and exciting ways to make them do fun and amazing things.

Methods of Communication:
- Twitter: @RustikGaming​
- Youtube: xXRustikGamingXx​

Expertise: I don't really consider myself specialized in any one area as I'm pretty well-rounded in most areas but if I were to choose I'd say that I'm best at building things that are extremely functional (i.e. automated farms) but still maintain a sense of style (ex. the buildings in the screenshots I have linked below are all automated in more ways than one)

Example of my work: One of my creative creations just can't be done justice with one screenshot so here's a link to an album (http://imgur.com/a/7MhOV) and just for kicks, a teaser. Also please note that this build took me the better part of a year to complete, which leads me to tell you that I'm not a fast builder by any means but once I get going with a set idea things can really take off and progress in leaps and bounds.

ZVOGYnA.jpg
My eyes... They bleed rainbows, Accepted.... Wow-wee! Its been awhile since we've had a new member on the build team, PM me the word "Apples" And i'll add ya on skype!

Shortymus

Jul 29, 2019
Okiedoke!

I've got a few more questions before I submit an application.

1) Are you guys running Thaumcraft 3?

2) Survival or Creative or Both!?

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
Okiedoke!

I've got a few more questions before I submit an application.

1) Are you guys running Thaumcraft 3?

2) Survival or Creative or Both!?

1A) : FTB Ultimate for now, So yes.

2A) : For things such as building spawns, Portal rooms, Public resources (eg A Public Power-O-Matic) Creative, When we are not doing things relating to ownership, Playing legit, Survival.

Shortymus

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! In which case...

IGN: Shortymus

Why you would like to become a member of Xiera: I like playing with people online/as a team but until now I've only played LAN/Friend hosted private games. I'd like to contribute to a bigger picture.

Methods of communicating with you: Skype (I'll PM)

Expertise (E.g. Building, redstone, plugin management, plugin development, website development): I was a fairly dab hand at vanilla Redstone, the need for that has been removed by mods now though. However I can still wire up some fairly complex systems. I enjoy big builds and have lots of ideas for things like villages (see my example). I enjoy dealing with power requirements and usually take that on as my main role in survival. That and being a BAMF Mage...

Example of your work (MUST include or your application will be invalid and therefore not looked at): So I've been toying with this idea for a while. Threw this together in a couple of hours earlier today for this very purpose. A cliffside village with abandoned temple.

TempleClose.jpg

Night.jpg

VillageClose.jpg

Day.jpg

Not too shabby for a few hours work me thinks....

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! In which case...

IGN: Shortymus

Why you would like to become a member of Xiera: I like playing with people online/as a team but until now I've only played LAN/Friend hosted private games. I'd like to contribute to a bigger picture.

Methods of communicating with you: Skype (I'll PM)

Expertise (E.g. Building, redstone, plugin management, plugin development, website development): I was a fairly dab hand at vanilla Redstone, the need for that has been removed by mods now though. However I can still wire up some fairly complex systems. I enjoy big builds and have lots of ideas for things like villages (see my example). I enjoy dealing with power requirements and usually take that on as my main role in survival. That and being a BAMF Mage...

Example of your work (MUST include or your application will be invalid and therefore not looked at): So I've been toying with this idea for a while. Threw this together in a couple of hours earlier today for this very purpose. A cliffside village with abandoned temple.

TempleClose.jpg

Night.jpg

VillageClose.jpg

Day.jpg

Not too shabby for a few hours work me thinks....

Everything seems in order here,

As for the work... Yes, A MILLION TIMES YES, I've always wanted to create something along those lines, Thank you....

Just one final question, If you where accepted, Would you be able to run a 32x Texture pack? (We use Johnsmith on the launcher)

Other then that everything looks ship shape

Shortymus

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, then you'll definitely like my ideas for the temple and the village as an in world exploration destination. (There was also a bit inside the cliffs but I couldn't be bothered to Print Screen it!)

I should be able to. My laptop can cope with Sphax 32x so it should be ok!

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, then you'll definitely like my ideas for the temple and the village as an in world exploration destination. (There was also a bit inside the cliffs but I couldn't be bothered to Print Screen it!)

I should be able to. My laptop can cope with Sphax 32x so it should be ok!

Right as rain! One Final Final Question, Do you happen to have a steam? Also go-ahead and PM Me that Skype info