CoFH Thermal Expansion colour blind codes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I've set up a new thread lest the topic be lost, but mods will probably want to merge it anyway.

I've been hunting for a key to the CoFH colour blind symbols but haven't found a complete key. So, a bit of experimenting with what information I did manage to find (from CoFH's site) led me to the following, which I hope will be useful to other colour blind folks:

SAfdHPv.jpg

My only slight concern is that "NO COLOUR" and "ORANGE and BLUE" appear to have the same meaning? Can anyone provide better info?

Reactions: Pyure

Tombe0

Jul 29, 2019
Well... In non-colourblind mode "no colour" means both output and input are disabled.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
No, there is also a disabled or closed state. This disabled state makes it so that no slots can be accessed through that side.

The open no-color means that both the in and out slots can be accessed through that side, but the sides are not automated by the TE machine. This can be useful for mods such as Logistics Pipes (no 1.12 version, sadly) who can then use the TE machine just like they would a vanilla furnace. Any input is put in a slot that will accept it and anything pulled out is taken from the output slot.

The dual color in and output are managed by the TE machine, the "pull from inventory" and "push out" function works for these slots.

A

Anton_

Well... In non-colourblind mode "no colour" means both output and input are disabled.
Two of the side images are the same in both colourblind and non-colourblind modes.

They are:
nqeXdzJ.jpg
and
8CVHqaP.jpg
(the latter may vary per machine).

Since the first one resembles the coloured images, but without the actual colours, I've taken that to be "colourless", and second one I've taken as just "not set".

I don't know, with any authority, what the difference is, but I think it might be something like this:

The first = any input or output, irrespective of auto-input/auto-output settings.
The second = no input or output unless auto-input/auto-output are enabled.

If anyone knows for certain the meaning of these two, please add to this thread.

Edit: I think SevenMass has ninja'ed me :)