/cofh friend gui permission node!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
It just came to my attention that the players on the server im administrating doesn't have access to the /cofh friend command, and there fore they can't allow their friends to share their strongboxes. I can't find the nodes anywhere!

If you know any other usefull modded forge permission nodes, like the /forge tps, I'd be really glad to hear them as well!

Thanks in advance!
ThrillBird, admin of OldManLegends

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
its not nodes. Its just on.

/cofh friend add username
/cofh friend gui

the commands just don't show under /cofh help yet

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
its not nodes. Its just on.

/cofh friend add username
/cofh friend gui

the commands just don't show under /cofh help yet
Yes, it works fine for me and the other staff members, but the other players can't access it. Now I know this isn't really your area and that you (the FTB Team) doesn't support mcpc+, but I would imagine there is a way to allow it, and not that only ops can access it on non vanilla FTB Servers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it works fine for me and the other staff members, but the other players can't access it. Now I know this isn't really your area and that you (the FTB Team) doesn't support mcpc+, but I would imagine there is a way to allow it, and not that only ops can access it on non vanilla FTB Servers.

You probably need to ask the MCPC+ guys. I'm not sure what they are changing.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
You probably need to ask the MCPC+ guys. I'm not sure what they are changing.
Sure, I'll continue my searching. If it is as you said in that there should be nothing on the mod side, then I suppose it's a conflict with, as you said, MCPC+ or our permissions plugin.

Thanks!

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if you have this problem resolved or not, but here is the MCPC+ permission for you, or anyone looking to fix this issue

cofh.command.CommandHandler

unfortunately they only use one permission so all of the /cofh commands are available to them :\

Reactions: ThrillBird

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if you have this problem resolved or not, but here is the MCPC+ permission for you, or anyone looking to fix this issue

cofh.command.CommandHandler

unfortunately they only use one permission so all of the /cofh commands are available to them :\
Thanks a lot mate!

Mastergalen

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running MCPC+, you probably have LWC installed already.

Simply add the item ID of stronboxes to the list of lockables in the LWC config and set strongboxes to public access. Now just lock them with LWC and players can then add their friends to the chest with /cmodify.

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running MCPC+, you probably have LWC installed already.

Simply add the item ID of stronboxes to the list of lockables in the LWC config and set strongboxes to public access. Now just lock them with LWC and players can then add their friends to the chest with /cmodify.

the problem with that is if you live with someone and have tesseracts so only you have access for your private network, the friend command allows others to use / move your tesseract, especially useful if you use them to transport power / items to and from your quarry, thats what my requests for the command were for roughly, the tesseracts not strongboxes because i already have lwc installed

Dasco4

Jul 29, 2019
the problem with that is if you live with someone and have tesseracts so only you have access for your private network, the friend command allows others to use / move your tesseract, especially useful if you use them to transport power / items to and from your quarry, thats what my requests for the command were for roughly, the tesseracts not strongboxes because i already have lwc installed

Thanks, i was looking for this.

Dasco4

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of /cofh commands anywhere, since I have to give access to all of them?

Give this permission node to the player to let them use all the commands: cofh.command.CommandHandler
To find out which "all" the commands are use the commands /cofh in-game to get a list of commands.

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
Give this permission node to the player to let them use all the commands: cofh.command.CommandHandler
To find out which "all" the commands are use the commands /cofh in-game to get a list of commands.

That should work, but it doesn't.

Doing /cofh prompts you to do /cofh help.
Doing /cofh help gives an apology about the list being incomplete and shows only two commands, one of which is 'killall' which automatically means I can't give access to these commands on a server.

So unfortunate that a feature clearly designed for use on public servers can't be used on public servers.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019

Doing /cofh help gives an apology about the list being incomplete and shows only two commands, one of which is 'killall' which automatically means I can't give access to these commands on a server.

So unfortunate that a feature clearly designed for use on public servers can't be used on public servers.
It's really weird indeed! I enabled it, but after a week or so we realized that that command were there and therefore we had to take it out again. Really, there has to be another way! Cause just as you said, it is there for public servers, yet we cant use it..

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019

If you have worldguard on your server, you can just flag the region __global__ to disallow the cofh killall command, this is how the command should look:

/region flag __global__ blocked-cmds cofh killall

do that in every world you have and they will not be able to do that command, one of my moderators pointed this out to me and i was kicking myself for not thinking of it first lol

Reactions: ThrillBird

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
That's a nice solution. Unfortunately I don't use Worldguard (don't need it with Grief Prevention) and it would seem silly to get it solely to allow me to use a COFH feature.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
If you have worldguard on your server, you can just flag the region __global__ to disallow the cofh killall command, this is how the command should look:

/region flag __global__ blocked-cmds cofh killall

do that in every world you have and they will not be able to do that command, one of my moderators pointed this out to me and i was kicking myself for not thinking of it first lol
Thanks a lot! We used this method, works flawless!

Galvas

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, sry for the stupid question, but where should I add the "cofh.command.CommandHandler"? On permissions.yml?

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
and to clarify on this, you need to be OP as well for /cofh killall to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.