Cocoa farming?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I know the MFR Harvester has a "don't harvest jungle wood" option, but when I tried that for the purpose of letting it harvest cocoa off the wood, it won't harvest the mature beans. What's the point of the jungle wood option then?

Also, pretty sure the planter won't replant them.

Is there any way to automate cocoa bean farming?

GhostEth

Jul 29, 2019
Not available to do it in game and capture it.
Try this:

Looking from top:

J J J
C C C
X O X
X X X
H

while : J = jungle woods (woods not plank!!!)
C = Cocoa (attach it to the wood like you farm it in vanilla)
O = where your planter is located (*Of course 1 floor below and put the cocoa in planting slot to make sure of it)
H = harvester
X = anything (like wheat, so you can automated the cookies)

Important !!!!!!!!! ::: Implement what you learn.

*** This work fine in my custom mod packs (only BC, TE and PowerCrystal's mods). If it doesn't work in your mod-pack don't blame me.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you can't get it to work with MFR, Forestry has two options. First, using jungle trees in a default arboretum will give you cocoa beans as a bonus output, much like apple oaks will produce apples; second, there's also a dedicated cocoa farm type using lapis electron tubes in a manual configuration.

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automate cocoa bean farming?

Yes. With an MFR harvester and an MFR planter... o_O

It would probably help if you provided a description of your setup. Could be you've just placed something the wrong way somehow.

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Also valiant bees produces it. Since you don't need any bee breading, its pretty easy to get them. Just smack some hives.