Cobalt and Ardite in Agrarian Skies

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
So I am playing agrarian skies on a public server with a couple of my friends and we are needing to make manyullyn which normally wouldn't be a problem but this server has the nether disabled. So i started to look up ways to make it and the only way i could find was to sieve soul sand so i automated it and i got 40 stacks of nether quartz and none of the cobalt or ardite ore dust so i was wondering if it was supposed to be that way or if its a config thing and what might be another way of getting those materials besides bees because i cant get the bees because they are in the nether.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
it is incredibly rare, and you don't get the broken Ore/Dusts you get Nuggets of the stuff.

and thru Gendustry it is possible to make the bees!

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
according to the wiki its a 1.01% i believe and ghast tears were 1.4% but i had 20 ghast tears and i never got a single piece of cobalt or ardite and like i said nether is disabled on the server i play on so i cant do the bees to get it.

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
The nether is disabled meaning i cant go in there at all meaning i cant get infernal bees to breed at all and those are the ones you need for breeding cobalt and ardite bees

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
Infernal bees are found in infernal hives that's why I can't get them. I know I can breed them with Gendustry. That's why I was asking if you knew another way of getting cobalt and ardite.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I want to but it's not my server it's a public one I play on lol.
So ask the admins to do so. Is it so hard?
...Bigger question: Is there any reason to have the nether disabled anymore? Aside from the whole "no lava pumping allowed but I'm a fool and don't know what causes the lag from this so I say no to anything that can do this and anyone who wants to" debacle, I mean.

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
I can't think of a reason either. One person on the server was like you don't need it you can craft everything that's there and everyone will just die when they go there. I had 60 lives and wanted to die a couple times to be honest lol but it doesn't look like they will enable it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I can't think of a reason either. One person on the server was like you don't need it you can craft everything that's there and everyone will just die when they go there. I had 60 lives and wanted to die a couple times to be honest lol but it doesn't look like they will enable it.
True, you don't NEED it to craft anything... but it's a risk/reward thing. Is it worth the deaths I'm liable to suffer if I go there to get those extra resources? I sure as hell think so.

And of course, this assumes one can find a way to craft wither skulls without actually finding/killing them. And that takes either the nether, or Mystcraft.(IIRC those are basically your only options unless you find a way to get a zombie pigman in your possession and have gascraft installed and enough corrosive gas to make it work)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I believe cobalt and ardite drops from sieving soul sand has been disabled, so that won't work anymore
your other option of getting cobalt and ardite without going to the nether is either a MFR laser or bees

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I believe cobalt and ardite drops from sieving soul sand has been disabled, so that won't work anymore
your other option of getting cobalt and ardite without going to the nether is either a MFR laser or bees
Just checked the AgS config for this, and nope, still enabled.
Does the laser just mine cobalt and ardite randomly?
Not so much "Mine" as "generate from tons of power".. but yes, it can get them(and lots of other ores to boot).

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
That seems weird to me that it's enabled if I automated your making of soul sand and the sieving of it with autonomous activators and never got any. The change of getting them is just under that of ghast tears and I had 30 ghast tears. I wonder if the owner or admin accidentally changed the config for it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked the AgS config for this, and nope, still enabled.

Not so much "Mine" as "generate from tons of power".. but yes, it can get them(and lots of other ores to boot).

I've over 24k quartz and 330 ghast tears in my test world, and not a single ardite or cobalt sand, so if it's enabled, it's either a bug that they're not produced with the sieve, or their droprate is not set right

Mr_Bigham

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah something has to be wrong because according to the wiki ghast tears and cobalt both have a 1% chance of being produced.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
Does sieving netherrack give you anything? I think I remember it giving you stuff with ex aliquo installed. Maybe you can get cobalt and ardite that way.