Cloud Storage

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I would post this here, as well as on Reddit.

Download for 1.6.4 or 1.7.2. Requires Immibis Core. Also requires the EU, MJ and RF APIs from anywhere - most likely from IC2, Buildcraft and CoFH Core, but other mods may include them. I'll fix this requirement later if it's a problem.

Using your cloud storage:
Use the command "/cloud" to access your storage. It works like an ME Access Terminal. The scrollbar is not implemented - use the search bar instead. This GUI has some desync problems, which should be minor. Items with NBT cannot be stored in the cloud.

Using the VPN Tool:
The VPN Tool allows machines to interact with your cloud.

Craft it from a piece of dirt and a piece of redstone (shapeless). Right click on nothing to change modes. Right click on a block side to display what that side is set to. Shift-right-click on a block side, with the appropriate mode, to change what that side is set to.

Actions set with the VPN Tool will only happen when you are online.

Available modes are:
  • Nothing (stops any effect)
  • Extract items - extracts everything that can be extracted from that side.
  • Insert items - inserts particular items into that side. When you set it, it will display a GUI where you can select the items to filter.
  • Extract RF - extracts RF from Energy Cells. The cloud can store a very large amount of RF. The side must be set to output mode.
  • Insert RF - powers the machine with RF.
  • Extract EU - extracts EU from batboxes, CESUs, MFEs and MFSUs. The cloud can store a very large amount of EU. Works on any side of the block.
  • Insert EU - sends EU based on the machine's maximum EU/t rating. That means if you apply this on more than one side the machine will explode. Don't do that.
  • Insert MJ - converts EU or RF to MJ, and then powers the machine with MJ.
Using the VPN Copier
The VPN copier is crafted from two pieces of dirt and a piece of redstone, shapeless.
Shift-right-click on a block to copy settings from it, then right-click on another block to paste them. This makes it easy to set up lots of identical machines.

Screenshots
Cloud storage interface:
6LDiy.jpg

Old GIF (17MB): http://giant.gfycat.com/DaringCostlyKarakul.gif

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1 - added the VPN Copier, which makes it easy to set up lots of identical machines.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I tossed it in the DW20 modpack through the FTB launcher but it just doesn't launch my game. Is it compatible with DW20?

I got the core and the mod.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a super broken version of AE to be honest. Don't know if I'm going to use it, but it seems super cool.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
...super broken alpha version... :). Honestly with the commands it feels like a bukkit plugin version of AE. Really takes me back.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah lemme toss it in again and fire it up and see if it gives me anything in the console.

There you go: http://pastebin.com/wi42wcss Hopefully I can get it working cause I'd really like to use it. If not, meh.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed the link to point to version 1.1 (finally)...

Update: version 1.2 adds fluid support. When inserting fluids, set the filter to a container of the fluid you want to insert. There's currently no way to see how much fluid is stored.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Version 58.1.0:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.7.2.
  • New bug: in the item browser (/cloud) the item list doesn't sync for the first few seconds.