Private Pack closing down HamCraft - 1.5.1 [Whitelisted] | BC/ArsM/Tinkers/BetterDungeons/Etc Steampunk

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Svetlack

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Tyler

Minecraft Name: Svetlack

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 18.

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Nope, I have not.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Yes. Bugs don't help anyone - I play the game how it was meant to be played.

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I like steampunk because it shows an interesting take on reality - If we were to have changed slightly in our progress of technology (steam vs. electromagnetism) what would our society look like? This idea, combined with the ability to include Magic create a semi-modern reality in which we have completely different technology. I find that building, and playing through the idea of steam as a main power source, or creating build that are aesthetically steam-punk is a good way to mix up minecraft from the material-grind it is vanilla. Steampunk, magic, and some of the other magic (electricity) mods create a good mix when making builds, both aesthetically and functionally.

Why do you want to join this server? After bouncing from server to server, it would be nice to have a (stable) one that has a good themed setup. The steampunk/magic vs traditionally build style really allows creativity, and I am excited to see what I can try and create. This is just the perfect mod list, too. A 1.5 server with Ars Magica and tinkers construct, two of my favourite and least played mods. Really excited for it.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Hey eoden, when does the first restart everyday happen?

Like I mean if it happens at midnight, then if the server crashes and you are not there to restart it, we know when the next time it will come up. I think we can all add three hours at a time from the initial to get the nearest restart.

Funfight I don't remember when I setup the cron job for that... I can reset it at a new time to make a more honest guess out of it. I hope to get a fix soon to resolve this issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1370394721][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Bryan

Minecraft Name: InfinityHD_

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 13

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Yes i've been banned for trolling on my friends server by being in a pvp zone and being in creative. (Because i was an admin.) Thats the only time i've been banned.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? If i found a bug i would most certainly tell you, but i can't really help with making the server better because I don't know how to fix bugs or code plugins or mods for the server. But if i learn to code stuff i will help the server improve!

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk is awesome because if love tech worlds with such amazing machines and gadgets. And for magic, I LOVE MAGIC in most RPG games i love choosing a magic caster, magic is one of those elements in a game that makes it interesting. Plus it adds variety to a building based game! :)

Why do you want to join this server? I want to join the server because the fact that the server has Magic, which i love, and steampunk which is one of the most interesting types of worlds in minecraft! And it has a unique set of mods for the server. Also reading the other applications seems that everyone of the server will be welcoming and have a nice community on the server.

Sorry if my application isn't as long as the other people's are. :(

I appreciate your application but your a bit young for our server. I am sorry but I am going to have decline.[DOUBLEPOST=1370394762][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name:jochem boer
Minecraft Name: minecraftbfhpro
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule):12 i play mc from the start
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?no
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? sure
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you steampunk train magic legend of zelda
Why do you want to join this server? im bored and want to play with people and i like al the mods in the pack

I appreciate your application but your a bit young for our server. I am sorry but I am going to have decline.[DOUBLEPOST=1370394797][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name:Mick
Minecraft Name:darkblaster123
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): almost 15
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?Nope never banned before
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Sure why not
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you if i see this copple of words i would think of train's and magicasl adventures+some technical mods combined in a perfect modpack
Why do you want to join this server? Because im bored to play alone and dont like the open and dont like the open and laggy servers

I appreciate your application but your a bit young for our server. I am sorry but I am going to have decline.[DOUBLEPOST=1370394861][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Justin

Minecraft Name: Hirix

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Nope

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Yes, I have delt with server and mod bugs before and solved many before so I do know the process.
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk comes out to be steam-powered and geared machinery working at a more older date of time. While with magic, that brings control of the elements and mystical forces to create amazing works. Put both of them together, you get a pretty amazing combination. Just imagine steampink works fueled by magical force.

Why do you want to join this server? I am on a bit of a hunt for a modded custom server, one for me and my two friends. With the reason stated in the previous question, I was actually intrigued with the combination aspect of the two properties. Also there is a tinged aspect of RP that could be possible from this, and me favoring building large works, I would like to build towards this theme.

Hirix, you look like a good fit. :) I appreciate your application and will PM you the server information. Thanks

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Glyn
Minecraft Name: cre8ive65
Age: 17 (I keep to myself and will be mature and respectful)
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: Nope
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Of course, I alpha test Ubuntu distros so it is second nature to me
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Creating a imaginary society that would replicate today without electricity, or a post apocolyptic distopian world where humanity has rebuilt itself relying on magic rather than electricity.
Why do you want to join this server?: Seems like a very original idea and I'm looking for a new home after being abused by other servers with downtime and raiders.

Love your response to what Steampunk and Magic means to you. :) I will PM you server info shortly. Thanks for the application and hope this server works out for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1370395354][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Tyler

Minecraft Name: Svetlack

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 18.

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Nope, I have not.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Yes. Bugs don't help anyone - I play the game how it was meant to be played.

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I like steampunk because it shows an interesting take on reality - If we were to have changed slightly in our progress of technology (steam vs. electromagnetism) what would our society look like? This idea, combined with the ability to include Magic create a semi-modern reality in which we have completely different technology. I find that building, and playing through the idea of steam as a main power source, or creating build that are aesthetically steam-punk is a good way to mix up minecraft from the material-grind it is vanilla. Steampunk, magic, and some of the other magic (electricity) mods create a good mix when making builds, both aesthetically and functionally.

Why do you want to join this server? After bouncing from server to server, it would be nice to have a (stable) one that has a good themed setup. The steampunk/magic vs traditionally build style really allows creativity, and I am excited to see what I can try and create. This is just the perfect mod list, too. A 1.5 server with Ars Magica and tinkers construct, two of my favourite and least played mods. Really excited for it.

You sound like another great fit. I will PM you information shortly as well. :) thanks for the app and hope to see what you can add to the server.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I just wanted to say we are experiencing a odd server crash bug... it is random when it happens. We get the server back up and going asap and I just wanted to let everyone know we are working hard on figuring out what that bug could be. We have narrowed it down to a few mods and hope to be able to update the mudpack soon to fix the issue. Sorry in advance to any new players. We do use a plugin that forces the world and inventory to save every 5 minutes so this does decrease the likelihood of any lost items.

Thanks for your time and thank you for everyone that has applied.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to say it but in my journey of trying to make the server better I kind of made it really worse... I thought I was making a simple update to help make the world more stable instead I kind of broke everything. The only way I could find to fix it was to roll back the server to a backup on Tuesday night since I made the change Wednesday morning before going to work... I am not happy that I had to do that and I hope everyone can forgive me and understand that there wouldn't be a server world if I didn't do that. It is not much compensation but I did add 2000 to everyone's balance in game. If there is more I can do, let me know and I promise not to make anymore changes that melt the server. I plan on doing much more offline testing prior to making changes to the live server. I thought I had tested this completely but when I moved the changes to the live server it caused severe non-fixable errors that was causing the worlds to become corrupt. the primary world wasn't effected much but this morning I noticed it was giving errors as well. My deepest apologies as I have only wanted to make a safe fun world for everyone and I kind of failed at that...

lockdown142

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Joshua
Minecraft Name: lockdown142
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 16, and I tend to be as mature as possible. And I retain quite a bit of maturity despite my problems stemming from ADHD, though they also tend not to affect me while I play games.
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Yes, I was a part of a nation on a server not too long ago and when the nation was majorly griefed, and when people began complaining to the admin, He banned a bunch of us and the rest left.
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Of course!
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I have not play any Steampunk Minecraft mods or modpacks, but the whole idea if very nice. I would even be willing to adopt some new building styles to make my builds steampunk-y, since the builds I have seen in the past are quite interesting. Magic, to me is like a different form of science, one with less explanation but infinitely more wonder.
Why do you want to join this server? I have lost interest in some of the more mainstream FTB modpacks, and I would like to make some new friends.

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Harvey Dicen
Minecraft Name: HarveyNico456
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 17
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: I got banned in this Faction server.
1.I was in the faction Class.
2.I was leader and had over 10 people in it. (Working to together as one)
3.This faction Gods hated me.
4.I wrote 'Nice House' :) in the Admin House The day before Gods griefed.
5. Ban hammer Spokened
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?
Yes . I hate bugs and I ignore them if admins can't kill/fix them.
tumblr_mn498yuWOF1s0lg8wo1_500.jpg

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you
Steampunk= Goggles and Airships
Magic= Wands and Spells
Steampunk + Magic = Supernatural Alchemy
Why do you want to join this server?
Well I lost interest in techie mods and decided to go back to my roots and start to play with my old-school magic mods.

Alexandro98

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Alexandro 'Alex' Villa
Minecraft Name: alexandro98
Have you been banned from a server before?: No
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Of course!
Describe what Steampunk & Magic Means to you: Goggles!!
I am kidding. Truthfully it means FUN! There is no 'limit.' If you can think of it, there has got to be a way of doing it! Sky's the limit, Imagination is your fuel, and the occasional explosion your music! Measure once, Cut twice and always keep three band-aids on hand!
Why do you want to join this server?: I was part of a small group of friends on a DW20 FTB server but over time everyone has disappeared. Lonely playing by yourself and wanna join another small group of friends to play and build with again.

I also submitted an Application on your website but just in case I will also post an application in this thread

~Thanks!

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Harvey Dicen
Minecraft Name: HarveyNico456
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 17
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: I got banned in this Faction server.
1.I was in the faction Class.
2.I was leader and had over 10 people in it. (Working to together as one)
3.This faction Gods hated me.
4.I wrote 'Nice House' :) in the Admin House The day before Gods griefed.
5. Ban hammer Spokened
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?
Yes . I hate bugs and I ignore them if admins can't kill/fix them.
View attachment 5053
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you
Steampunk= Goggles and Airships
Magic= Wands and Spells
Steampunk + Magic = Supernatural Alchemy
Why do you want to join this server?
Well I lost interest in techie mods and decided to go back to my roots and start to play with my old-school magic mods.

Thanks for applying, you have been approved. Please make yourself familiar with the mods and the rules. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1370787748][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Alexandro 'Alex' Villa
Minecraft Name: alexandro98
Have you been banned from a server before?: No
Describe what Steampunk & Magic Means to you: Goggles!!
I am kidding. Truthfully it means FUN! There is no 'limit.' If you can think of it, there has got to be a way of doing it! Sky's the limit, Imagination is your fuel, and the occasional explosion your music! Measure once, Cut twice and always keep three band-aids on hand!
Why do you want to join this server?: I was part of a small group of friends on a DW20 FTB server but over time everyone has disappeared. Lonely playing by yourself and wanna join another small group of friends to play and build with again.

I also submitted an Application on your website but just in case I will also post an application in this thread

~Thanks!

Thanks for applying, you have been approved. Please make yourself familiar with the mods and the rules. :)

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have been doing some minor tweaking on the world to see if I can reduce the lag some players are experiencing. I have personally noticed a big difference and things seem much more stable. I know this mod pack is very resource intensive with better dungeons, ars magica, thaumcraft, forestry, etc. I appreciate everyone letting me know when things do not work correctly or have issues. it has been helpful. Please post here on any improvements or things you would like to see fixed. I have worked on a lot backend stuff this weekend. We will be updating the various pages on our website over at www.hamcraft.net to reflect everything that is going on.

thanks for joining us :)

Renai

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Shaina
Minecraft Name: xRenaix
Age: 18, Highschool and early college-graduate, through the running start program
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: No.
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Yes, ofcourse. Bug's give unfair handycaps or advantages to people. I've been involved in a few closed beta's for MMO's in the past, and I'm going to university for game design/illustration
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk is a style and era of steam powered machines and dress style that reflects these innovations. With the addition of magic, steam and magic power are a substitution for electicity and modern science. It means to me a gritty world of harsh realities, with the whimsical nature that magic brings with it, and ofcourse, its dark side.
Why do you want to join this server?: After taking about a year off from minecraft for school, I really want something I can pour my summer into before I go off to university. I also have a friend on the server and I cant wait to see what he's created!

OneStep2Close

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Kris
Minecraft Name: Splattertrain
Have you been banned before: i haven't been banned since i started playing minecraft.
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: well finding bugs and glitches and reporting them makes the server more enjoyable and fun to play.
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: steampunk is cool because of all the machinery and the "oldschoolness" of it all, Magic seems fun with using all of the elements, i would like to begin to use ars magica more and begin to understand it better.
Why do you want to join this server? Seems like a very fun and enjoyable server, i have two friends who play this server and want to get me to play with them.

jeviuss

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft Name: xEtnies
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 21 as of April 7th :)
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? nope
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? definitely!
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I'm not really sure what this question means but it looks fun, because I like steampunk and magic, and it looks like a mature server!
Why do you want to join this server? This server looks very interesting and it looks like it has a mature community which I have been looking for for a very long time!

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
We are looking to get some feedback from our community. The first thing is on the virtual economy of the server. Please head on over to the website here: http://hamcraft.net/vote/ and give us your feedback on the economy. :)

thanks for your time[DOUBLEPOST=1371212624][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Shaina
Minecraft Name: xRenaix
Age: 18, Highschool and early college-graduate, through the running start program
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: No.
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Yes, ofcourse. Bug's give unfair handycaps or advantages to people. I've been involved in a few closed beta's for MMO's in the past, and I'm going to university for game design/illustration
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk is a style and era of steam powered machines and dress style that reflects these innovations. With the addition of magic, steam and magic power are a substitution for electicity and modern science. It means to me a gritty world of harsh realities, with the whimsical nature that magic brings with it, and ofcourse, its dark side.
Why do you want to join this server?: After taking about a year off from minecraft for school, I really want something I can pour my summer into before I go off to university. I also have a friend on the server and I cant wait to see what he's created!

You have been approved! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1371212654][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Kris
Minecraft Name: Splattertrain
Have you been banned before: i haven't been banned since i started playing minecraft.
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: well finding bugs and glitches and reporting them makes the server more enjoyable and fun to play.
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: steampunk is cool because of all the machinery and the "oldschoolness" of it all, Magic seems fun with using all of the elements, i would like to begin to use ars magica more and begin to understand it better.
Why do you want to join this server? Seems like a very fun and enjoyable server, i have two friends who play this server and want to get me to play with them.

You have been approved! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1371212680][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft Name: xEtnies
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 21 as of April 7th :)
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? nope
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? definitely!
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I'm not really sure what this question means but it looks fun, because I like steampunk and magic, and it looks like a mature server!
Why do you want to join this server? This server looks very interesting and it looks like it has a mature community which I have been looking for for a very long time!

You have been approved! :)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Jeremy
Minecraft Name: SpitefulFox
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: No
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Yes
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk and Magic represent a more interesting and fair world where victories are brought by a keen mind and quick wit instead of being born into plutocratic privilege. A world where secrets are behind every corner and things are not just what they seem to be.
Why do you want to join this server?: I like Steampunk and Magic, and I really want to try out some of the mods in the modpack.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
havent left just playing other stuff :)

no problem Legomike we are not going anywhere. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1371556978][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Jeremy
Minecraft Name: SpitefulFox
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: No
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Yes
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk and Magic represent a more interesting and fair world where victories are brought by a keen mind and quick wit instead of being born into plutocratic privilege. A world where secrets are behind every corner and things are not just what they seem to be.
Why do you want to join this server?: I like Steampunk and Magic, and I really want to try out some of the mods in the modpack.

Invite PM sent

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I bought a shop at the market at spawn and decided to celebrate the opening with a...

4HeNRJf.png

Steam Sale! :cool:

I'm mostly selling bee products. Also set up a spot for people to sell me Autarchic Gates, since I don't have the power supply to manage a laser array.

xbarbasx

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Niels
Minecraft Name: xbarbasx
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 18
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? I am aware of no bans.
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Yes, I would. A bug could cause a decrease in gaming quality and therefore should be addressed immediately.
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Magic is fascinating. I personally believe that so many people are enjoying books, movies or games related to magic because it inspires our creativity with something we can barely find in today's world. I think in a game like Minecraft an element of this supernatural just gives it the little extra. It gives you far more options how to form your in-game character and what position to take in a server community and can provide you with new excitement for the game.I always wanted to mix a bit of steampunk into minecraft because I love the rustic, but aesthetic look, but I always reached the borders of the possible in minecraft when i tried to actually do it. I believe that this modpack would allow me a successful realization of my ideas in minecraft and together with the element of magic I can produce something a little bit unique.
Why do you want to join this server? Like I already mentioned, I always wanted to get into the Steampunk design in Minecraft but always had pig problems with realizing my ideas. (Texture Packs were always an option, but no one else could see my creation that way.) I am hoping to gain the unique opportunity to join a great community in which i will find new inspirations and the right environment to fill the world with magic in the cool style of steampunk.