Private Pack closing down HamCraft - 1.5.1 [Whitelisted] | BC/ArsM/Tinkers/BetterDungeons/Etc Steampunk

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
hamcraft_logo1.png
Hello all!

We are a Steampunk and Magic themed private mod pack and Whitelist Server. We have put together a collection of mods that we feel has the best steampunk and magic feel to them. We go by an RPG lite server feeling and we don't expect anyone to LARP or anything crazy. We are just looking for like minded folks to join us, specialize in a mod, go adventuring, team up, take on dungeons, buy a shop and add to the community. We have mostly been a private server but we would like to share our world with other enthusiast of Steampunk and Magic. Please apply below if you love Minecraft, Steampunk and Magic as much as we do.

We have a primary website at: www.hamcraft.net and I try to update it often or add blog posts talking about what is going on.

Server information:

We use Minecraft version 1.5.1, mcpc for minecraft 1.5.1 to add bukkit plugin support, mods and all plugins are using their appropriate 1.5.1 versions.

Quick Overview of the town of Hamcraft:
  • Central Shops for players to purchase and sell items
  • Central starting area that is safe from mobs
  • Free starter homes to rent & store your stuff
  • Free access to enchanting tables and brewing stations
  • Ore Exchange to get money and barter with other players
We have a central portal access area in the town of Hamcraft. We have turned off player creation of portals. We do this because we plan on refreshing the nether, the end, the Twilight Forest and the mining worlds when they get used up or nothing new to explore.

Mod Pack:

Its a private modpack, so you get it, if you are allowed to play on the server.

The Mod List
Rules:
  1. Be Mature, No foul language or ugly behavior will be tolerated. (prefer 21+)
  2. No begging, pestering, or asking other players/admins for free items. You fall in lava, sorry…
  3. Learn the mods, get a good sense of them and specialize in something. It helps add to the RPG element.
  4. No griefing, cheating, hacking, etc… We use grief prevention to prevent most griefing but lets respect everyone. Mistakes happen but intentional griefing will not be tolerated.
  5. Have fun! Create some wonderful steampunk and magic themed creations.
Server Specs:

Hosted through www.creeperhost.com
  • Package – Skeleton
  • Ram - 4096MB
  • HDD - 45GB SSD
  • CPU – 3 Cores
  • Data Transfer - Unlimited*
  • Platform – Virtual Server
Server admins:

Eoden13
Shortstack08

Sorry to say but we are closing the server down on the 19th of July 2013 due to some personal issues and life constraints. Thanks to all that joined and contributed. Sorry to disappoint and best wishes... we might start something in the future. Good luck to all.

Reactions: Xel-AMR

funfight22

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Logan

Minecraft Name: funfight22

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 16 in a few days.

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Yes, I have repeated this plenty of times, so I am going to give you a straight to the point answer, got a flymod, used in singleplayer, switched to multiplayer, did not turn off, I thought it would have. If you want the details just ask, but that is pretty much it.

If you found a bug would you help us make the serve better and tell us? I don't see how anyone couldn't, so of course.

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I think of steampunk as future as seen from the past. Be it steam powered private planes, factories, or cars. Magic can be subtle, or blunt, depending on situation. When they work in tandem wonders of creativity can be created. Been hooked since the hungry city chronicles, and can't stop.

Why do you want to join this server? I love steampunk, and I love small communities, and your server appears to be the best of both.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Logan

Minecraft Name: funfight22

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 16 in a few days.

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Yes, I have repeated this plenty of times, so I am going to give you a straight to the point answer, got a flymod, used in singleplayer, switched to multiplayer, did not turn off, I thought it would have. If you want the details just ask, but that is pretty much it.

If you found a bug would you help us make the serve better and tell us? I don't see how anyone couldn't, so of course.

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I think of steampunk as future as seen from the past. Be it steam powered private planes, factories, or cars. Magic can be subtle, or blunt, depending on situation. When they work in tandem wonders of creativity can be created. Been hooked since the hungry city chronicles, and can't stop.

Why do you want to join this server? I love steampunk, and I love small communities, and your server appears to be the best of both.

You seem like a good honest person. :) I will send you a private message with pack details. C-ya in game soon and thanks for giving our server some interest.

funfight22

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, will come on later tomorrow evening. So, how many players are there? And by specialize in one area, could I perhaps start in one strongly, like pure that, then slowly branch out to one more at a time?

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Currently we have about 5 active players, a few more that come and go. 3 of us are only on in the afternoons due to work and that thing called real life... Anyways feel free to dabble in whatever you want to dabble in I just encourage specialization to help grow player support. If you have any interest in bees and forestry I know it would be a great contribution to the server but they are a bit daunting so I don't blame you if you don't want too. Currently a few members are specializing in Ars Magica and I myself haven't figured out what I wanted to go for yet. currently there is so much to do in this mod pack. :)

es46496

Jul 29, 2019
Name:es
Minecraft Name:es46496
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): mature 14
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?nope
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? yes
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you steampunk i think is better than futuristic stuff and i love magic
Why do you want to join this server? i have been looking for a server that has its own pack

hope to be able to join :)

CamShirayuki

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Cameron

Minecraft Name: sabakugaara8

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 16

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Not at all.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Of course.

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I've been an avid magic lover all my life, from playing games like Magicka, or even when I go to the card shops to play Magic: The Gathering. I've had a box of cards with MTG cards since I was young. I don't know very much about Steampunk myself, though I'm willing to find out about it.

Why do you want to join this server? I've been looking for a magic server to play on, because the magic server that is run by FTB is simply Divine RPG and nothing more. Your server seem to have a nice balance when it came to the mods.

(Currently, I can only be on modpacks Mon-Wens, so if I don't get on today, I will be on next week)

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name:es
Minecraft Name:es46496
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): mature 14
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?nope
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? yes
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you steampunk i think is better than futuristic stuff and i love magic
Why do you want to join this server? i have been looking for a server that has its own pack

hope to be able to join :)

Hi ES, I do appreciate your interest in our server but I am going to have to decline your application. Please don't take it personal but a good grasp of RPG play style, magic and steampunk is a must.[DOUBLEPOST=1369872997][/DOUBLEPOST]
Name: Cameron

Minecraft Name: sabakugaara8

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 16

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Not at all.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Of course.

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: I've been an avid magic lover all my life, from playing games like Magicka, or even when I go to the card shops to play Magic: The Gathering. I've had a box of cards with MTG cards since I was young. I don't know very much about Steampunk myself, though I'm willing to find out about it.

Why do you want to join this server? I've been looking for a magic server to play on, because the magic server that is run by FTB is simply Divine RPG and nothing more. Your server seem to have a nice balance when it came to the mods.

(Currently, I can only be on modpacks Mon-Wens, so if I don't get on today, I will be on next week)

Hi Cameron, you are a bit young but seem to have a good grasp for Magic. Steampunk is easy to learn. Do a few google searches. Think of Jules Verne books and movies like league of extraordinary gentlemen. We will give you a shot on the server.

legomike

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Mike
Minecraft Name: Legomike666
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 26
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? no
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? yup
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you Steamboy, Howls Moving Castle, and FMA all rolled into a nice package. A world i wish was real :)
Why do you want to join this server? sounds like fun learning some of the mods in it i havent tried yet and passing time with other people

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Mike
Minecraft Name: Legomike666
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 26
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? no
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? yup
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you Steamboy, Howls Moving Castle, and FMA all rolled into a nice package. A world i wish was real :)
Why do you want to join this server? sounds like fun learning some of the mods in it i havent tried yet and passing time with other people

Cool, good steampunk reference. I will give you a shot on the server. :) Best wishes and thanks for applying. PM headed your way.

0positivo

Jul 29, 2019
Name: People use to call me Edoardo
Minecraft Name: 0positivo. At least people don't have to ask me what bloodtype I am
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? I was usually the one doing the banning. Got a fair bit of administration experience on my back, both as OP, MOD, co-admin and server owner. And to answer more directly, nope, never banned. From anything, really
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Would anyone even answer no to this? Of course I would help. Communities are built by the people in it, defined by the interactions, and trust is possibly one of the most important of them. Finding and exploit/bug and not making it evident to who can fix it not only harms the server itself, but the experience for ourselves too
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: What doesn't it mean? I'm a steampunk sucker. I love everything that is steampunk, dieselpunk, victorian... My D&D players know, every time I am the Dungeon Master, the campaign is inevitably going to take a steampunk vibe. The Iron Kingdom setting is the essence of steampunk, with added magical elements. I take that as an inspiration often, and I suggest to have a look at it. It is set in a world where magic and technology are basically intertwined, one functions by accessing to the other. On the complete other end of the spectrum sits, of course, the magnificent Arcanum (of Steamworks and Magic Obscura), where magic and technology instead are in direct competition with each other. Also helps it was an excellent game too. Most of Miyazaki's work, of course, is heavily based on Steampunk elements. Howl's castle is one, Porco Rosso has a somewhat steampunkish vision of early aviation, etcetera
Also, I would like to add a short video of a past creation of mine:
Why do you want to join this server? Because, as it usually happens to me, I have the itch to play minecraft again. It happens often, I just get burned out, then all of the sudden, the game (modded, of course) grows back on me. But I'm not really a singleplayer kind of guy. I like to share the experience. Which is why in the past I was the one actually creating servers for others to join, with the idea of creating a stable community that would work in close cooperation. But of couse, things happen, and university is over, and I don't really have the time to allocate to Server administration anymore, at least not full time. So I'm looking for a small-ish, friendly community that works closely together, building together, sharing the world as one, instead of simply many single players with 2000+ blocks within each other, who happen to have a common chat. I hope this server also has a Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrilo server, because nothing helps more than that in community building
And hey, it also helps that this particular server uses my absolute favorite theme ever

Cheers

0positivo

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name: People use to call me Edoardo
Minecraft Name: 0positivo. At least people don't have to ask me what bloodtype I am
Have you been banned before (if yes why)? I was usually the one doing the banning. Got a fair bit of administration experience on my back, both as OP, MOD, co-admin and server owner. And to answer more directly, nope, never banned. From anything, really
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Would anyone even answer no to this? Of course I would help. Communities are built by the people in it, defined by the interactions, and trust is possibly one of the most important of them. Finding and exploit/bug and not making it evident to who can fix it not only harms the server itself, but the experience for ourselves too
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: What doesn't it mean? I'm a steampunk sucker. I love everything that is steampunk, dieselpunk, victorian... My D&D players know, every time I am the Dungeon Master, the campaign is inevitably going to take a steampunk vibe. The Iron Kingdom setting is the essence of steampunk, with added magical elements. I take that as an inspiration often, and I suggest to have a look at it. It is set in a world where magic and technology are basically intertwined, one functions by accessing to the other. On the complete other end of the spectrum sits, of course, the magnificent Arcanum (of Steamworks and Magic Obscura), where magic and technology instead are in direct competition with each other. Also helps it was an excellent game too. Most of Miyazaki's work, of course, is heavily based on Steampunk elements. Howl's castle is one, Porco Rosso has a somewhat steampunkish vision of early aviation, etcetera
Also, I would like to add a short video of a past creation of mine:
Why do you want to join this server? Because, as it usually happens to me, I have the itch to play minecraft again. It happens often, I just get burned out, then all of the sudden, the game (modded, of course) grows back on me. But I'm not really a singleplayer kind of guy. I like to share the experience. Which is why in the past I was the one actually creating servers for others to join, with the idea of creating a stable community that would work in close cooperation. But of couse, things happen, and university is over, and I don't really have the time to allocate to Server administration anymore, at least not full time. So I'm looking for a small-ish, friendly community that works closely together, building together, sharing the world as one, instead of simply many single players with 2000+ blocks within each other, who happen to have a common chat. I hope this server also has a Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrilo server, because nothing helps more than that in community building
And hey, it also helps that this particular server uses my absolute favorite theme ever

Cheers

0positivo

Wow you get an A+ for your application. :) glad to have you on board and look forward to seeing what crazy cool steampunk builds you come up with. :) it will also be nice to have another former admin on board. We don't have a voice chat server but a lot of us use Skype to chat back and forth. I will PM you the server and pack info and hope to see you in game soon. :)

Eoden

SilvaDreams

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Everyone just calls me "Silva"
Minecraft Name: XForceRec0nX
Have you been banned before?: No, I have always tried to be a model player or administration.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Most certainly, that is how I have ended up being administrator on a few servers since I could fix problems that popped up (Also why I hate Tekkit.. so many bugs and half done config files they pushed out for people to use)

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk as I have always known it has been an almost industrial style look on a world, brass pipes and tubes everywhere providing power to cog and mechanical versions of modern if not slightly futuristic technology. Automatons that move about on their own despite being powered by an internal steam engine.. flying airships And of course a nice Victorian decor to very thing.
As for magic... Magic is one of those hard to define things as it could be drawn from nature itself or the power itself is drawn from the use to fuel something of great destruction, smiting the undead, raising them as your servants or even bringing a comrade back from the gates of death.

Why do you want to join this server?: I've been doing purely tech based servers for a while and it has gotten stale just building up a large home and work spot and having no true reason for it but at the same time I haven't had much interest in RP servers because they can get snippy about things from the few I have tried. So a light RP server seems more at home for me, plus the mix of magic mods without the heavy amounts of tech seems like it will be fun since Ars Magica is in general new to me it also gives me a challenge of learning something new while making friends.
And since this is a private server aimed towards community I'll be more likely to be in and around people..Most servers I pack up and head off into the far reaches of the maps since people go into horde mode and obliterate the maps trying to collect mass amounts of stuff in a short time and not caring about their fellow players.
I will note though that I may not always be around a lot or at odd times (mostly because I naturally have odd hours) but because I am job hunting as well I am a moderator for a number of streamers but generally if I say I will be around at about X time I will be.

eoden13

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Everyone just calls me "Silva"
Minecraft Name: XForceRec0nX
Have you been banned before?: No, I have always tried to be a model player or administration.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Most certainly, that is how I have ended up being administrator on a few servers since I could fix problems that popped up (Also why I hate Tekkit.. so many bugs and half done config files they pushed out for people to use)

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk as I have always known it has been an almost industrial style look on a world, brass pipes and tubes everywhere providing power to cog and mechanical versions of modern if not slightly futuristic technology. Automatons that move about on their own despite being powered by an internal steam engine.. flying airships And of course a nice Victorian decor to very thing.
As for magic... Magic is one of those hard to define things as it could be drawn from nature itself or the power itself is drawn from the use to fuel something of great destruction, smiting the undead, raising them as your servants or even bringing a comrade back from the gates of death.

Why do you want to join this server?: I've been doing purely tech based servers for a while and it has gotten stale just building up a large home and work spot and having no true reason for it but at the same time I haven't had much interest in RP servers because they can get snippy about things from the few I have tried. So a light RP server seems more at home for me, plus the mix of magic mods without the heavy amounts of tech seems like it will be fun since Ars Magica is in general new to me it also gives me a challenge of learning something new while making friends.
And since this is a private server aimed towards community I'll be more likely to be in and around people..Most servers I pack up and head off into the far reaches of the maps since people go into horde mode and obliterate the maps trying to collect mass amounts of stuff in a short time and not caring about their fellow players.
I will note though that I may not always be around a lot or at odd times (mostly because I naturally have odd hours) but because I am job hunting as well I am a moderator for a number of streamers but generally if I say I will be around at about X time I will be.

Silva,

you would be a great addition to our server. :) I appreciate your interest in it and will send you the info via PM. Some of what you mentioned is why I got bored of heavy tech mods. There was a lot to do with gaining energy and amassing blocks to do it but not much to do afterwards. We have created a separate mining world that will get refreshed when it is depleted to help keep the world going and keep the primary world for building and having fun. The better dungeons mod adds a bit of a tough fight environment to give you a reason to specialize in ars magica or another mod to gain the upper hand in adventuring. We are all pretty casual players with real life things as well so no worries on how often you long in or the time you spend on the server. We just wanted to create an environment for people to enjoy and have fun. I hope you can find a nice home here. C-ya soon

Xel-AMR

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Bryan

Minecraft Name: InfinityHD_

Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): 13

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Yes i've been banned for trolling on my friends server by being in a pvp zone and being in creative. (Because i was an admin.) Thats the only time i've been banned.

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? If i found a bug i would most certainly tell you, but i can't really help with making the server better because I don't know how to fix bugs or code plugins or mods for the server. But if i learn to code stuff i will help the server improve!

Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk is awesome because if love tech worlds with such amazing machines and gadgets. And for magic, I LOVE MAGIC in most RPG games i love choosing a magic caster, magic is one of those elements in a game that makes it interesting. Plus it adds variety to a building based game! :)

Why do you want to join this server? I want to join the server because the fact that the server has Magic, which i love, and steampunk which is one of the most interesting types of worlds in minecraft! And it has a unique set of mods for the server. Also reading the other applications seems that everyone of the server will be welcoming and have a nice community on the server.

Sorry if my application isn't as long as the other people's are. :(

mcpro

Jul 29, 2019
Name:jochem boer
Minecraft Name: minecraftbfhpro
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule):12 i play mc from the start
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?no
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? sure
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you steampunk train magic legend of zelda
Why do you want to join this server? im bored and want to play with people and i like al the mods in the pack

darkblaster123

Jul 29, 2019
Name:Mick
Minecraft Name:darkblaster123
Age (prefered 21+ but if you show maturity at a younger age I will bend this rule): almost 15
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?Nope never banned before
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Sure why not
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you if i see this copple of words i would think of train's and magicasl adventures+some technical mods combined in a perfect modpack
Why do you want to join this server? Because im bored to play alone and dont like the open and dont like the open and laggy servers

Hirix

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Justin

Minecraft Name: Hirix

Have you been banned before (if yes why)? Nope

If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us? Yes, I have delt with server and mod bugs before and solved many before so I do know the process.
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Steampunk comes out to be steam-powered and geared machinery working at a more older date of time. While with magic, that brings control of the elements and mystical forces to create amazing works. Put both of them together, you get a pretty amazing combination. Just imagine steampink works fueled by magical force.

Why do you want to join this server? I am on a bit of a hunt for a modded custom server, one for me and my two friends. With the reason stated in the previous question, I was actually intrigued with the combination aspect of the two properties. Also there is a tinged aspect of RP that could be possible from this, and me favoring building large works, I would like to build towards this theme.

funfight22

Jul 29, 2019
Hey eoden, when does the first restart everyday happen?

Like I mean if it happens at midnight, then if the server crashes and you are not there to restart it, we know when the next time it will come up. I think we can all add three hours at a time from the initial to get the nearest restart.

cre8ive65

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Glyn
Minecraft Name: cre8ive65
Age: 17 (I keep to myself and will be mature and respectful)
Have you been banned before (if yes why)?: Nope
If you found a bug would you help us make the server better and tell us?: Of course, I alpha test Ubuntu distros so it is second nature to me
Describe what Steampunk & Magic means to you: Creating a imaginary society that would replicate today without electricity, or a post apocolyptic distopian world where humanity has rebuilt itself relying on magic rather than electricity.
Why do you want to join this server?: Seems like a very original idea and I'm looking for a new home after being abused by other servers with downtime and raiders.