Closest pack we have to FTB Infinity?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I was just wondering what's the closest pack we have to FTB Infinity in 1.10 and what major mods might be missing from the new one that Infinity had back in 1.7.10.

I'm starting up a new server again, and we're eager to try out the new minecraft with lots of options when it comes to mods so I'm curious

Thanks

¨~ Chris

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Currently the closet we have to infinity is the lite version. The full version (called beyond) is in development

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The Thermal Expansion suite is still in development for 1.10. Some 1.10 packs have substituted Mekanism in its place, which serves well as a tech backbone (especially given 5x ore processing), although it is a much different experience than TE.

Other mods are still making strides to update, with varying degrees of readiness. Some have updated, but are either direct ports with no additional content or are struggling with stability issues. It's still early in the development cycle.

Infinity Lite and DW20 are decent showcases in a kitchen sink style using the mods which were available when those packs were released. Some mods have pushed updates since then, so if you aren't looking for an Expert Mode style blending of the recipes from each mod, you can peruse the Curse repository and add all the mods you can handle.

Otherwise, be patient. The best is yet to.come.

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the clear answers guys, really appreciate it.

From what I read I'll put the project on ice for a few months more and see how the FTB Beyond turns out.

Regards
¨~ Chris

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I'd suggest picking either the DW20 pack or Sky Factory 3, with the knowledge and intent that it is only a temporary fill in until FTB Beyond is ready. While a lot of mods are straight ports of the 1.7.10 versions, some are making significant changes. Also, MineCraft itself has made some changes to the mechanics you might want to get used to before you settle in for the long haul.