Whitelist Server -CLOSED- Singularity New Horizons | Whitelist | PVE & PVP | Minimal Plugins

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Singularity is a small but tight community that's been around few a few months using the Unleashed pack, and has recently switched to Horizons to playtest the pack and try out adding some new players to our community. We will permanently switch to Monster when it comes out of Beta. We're run by a couple of mature admins who learned from the shortcomings of other servers.

We have 2 plugins: Essentials (lets you use /home, and gives you access to /kit food for a little food because hunger is obnoxious in this version) and WorldEdit (helps us fix chunk resets without a full rollback).

Rules
Our formal rules are listed here:
http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum/m/16926196/viewthread/8733244-rules-guidelines

No blocks or items are banned unless it's known to crash or seriously lag the server just by having or using it. Currently that's nothing, and it always has been.

We have 4 main rules:
* No dickery
* If it involves someone else, make sure they're ok with it. This includes building near someone else.
* Use common sense; think before you do something, e.g. "could this possibly lag the server?".
* No clear-cutting spawn.

This is a private almost-pure FTB server, and everyone we invite is someone we know and/or trust to act responsibly on a private server. If you want to build a nuke-dropping mining-laser-wielding turtle (from Unleashed - for Horizons, whatever the equivalent is), we're not going to stop you, but if you use it and it so much as touches one water block of your neighbor's infinite water source, we will not hesitate to ban you (unless your neighbor said he was OK with it).

Map
Our map is fresh as of December 10. Spawn is relatively flat, with one volcano right next to spawn point, and another just off the coast. No bad things can spawn too close to spawn, but seriously, be careful out there. Horizons is tough, and it can really feel like the wild west sometimes. We hope to foster a sense of tight community here, and we want you to feel like part of the Singularity. Because of this, individual homes are not allowed within a short distance from spawn, but community builds (shops, monuments, etc) are.

Apply

To ensure that your intentions are honest and you'd like to become an integral part of our tight community, you'll need to fill out a form with some information that will help sell you to us. Applications will be carefully read and picked through - applications that are too short (one or two word answers) or too long (3 pages) will be rejected.
You can apply on our forums:
http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum/m/16926196/viewthread/9880992-whitelist-applications
Or through email (for privacy):
[email protected]
Or here, by answering the questions below (note that your application will be copied into our forums)

Applicants MUST read the rules and answer the following questions:
* What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)?
* How did you find out about Singularity?
** Do you know anybody here?
** Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)?
* What is your play style?
* Is PVP allowed on our server?

Answering only those questions is guaranteed to get your application rejected. We want to know that you are trustworthy. Feel free to expand upon your answers and add additional questions to answer. Here's a couple example questions that you can modify/answer:

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on?
* Why did you leave your last server?
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do?
* What is your role in a community?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanEsh

Brobocon

Jul 29, 2019
What is your In Game Name: brobocon
How did you find out about Singularity: feed the beast forum
Do you know anybody here: no but i hope to know all of you
Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't white listed too: no im fine if my friends dont join the server( i will have you guys :))
What is your play style:builder mixed with contraptions
Is PVP allowed on our server:honestly this question confuses me mainly because i do not know

Why did you leave your last server: the main admin shut it down
If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do: if it was messing up there server i would try to fix it if not would just ask if the owner know his base is being derpy
What is your role in a community: after i get settled in i like to create like a workshop kinda deal and make some new crazy machine to help out everyone

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
You should read our rules thread that I linked - there you will learn whether PVP is allowed or not.
Also, most people have been applying on our forums, rather than here - kinda your one-stop shop. Up to you, though.
Once you've got a better idea of what we're about, feel free to re-submit your application (because clicking "edit" won't alert me). I think you'll fit right in.

Brobocon

Jul 29, 2019
You should read our rules thread that I linked - there you will learn whether PVP is allowed or not.
Also, most people have been applying on our forums, rather than here - kinda your one-stop shop. Up to you, though.
Once you've got a better idea of what we're about, feel free to re-submit your application (because clicking "edit" won't alert me). I think you'll fit right in.

to finish the missing questions on the PvP mater, it is on where players can hurt each other but it can be ok only if I know they will be OK with it or if it is an accident, so no mindless killing spree

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the delay. Waiting on @AlanEsh to approve you as well but he seems to have missed the topic >.>
I'll go get him.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Ah sorry, this thread fell off my watch list somehow... weird.

Brobocon, you have my stamp of approval as well -- please go to the Singularity forums and get signed up. Welcome!

Brobocon

Jul 29, 2019
just signed up on the Singulrity forums and so forth but im still not on the white list for the server :oops:

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Our server has finally finished switching to the more permanent Monster pack, so this thread is no longer applicable.

If you would still like to whitelisted, we'll review your application, just be aware that we're not using Horizons anymore.