Client-side utility mods

blek

Jul 29, 2019
So, there are many client-side useful mods that are well known around the scene, such as InvTweaks and Rei's Minimap, but I've been seeing many different mods I can't identify, such as one that apparently shows distances amongst various players. Which utility mods do you know that might be useful as tools despite not being as well known?

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
the mod that tracks the distances is called gps-mod (stalker mod) but i don´t think, that it is released yet.

BChart2

Jul 29, 2019
I would say the macros mod is among my favorites. (Only third to optifine and reis minimap) But lately the've been doing funky things, like you now require something called liteloader to run it... And in many areas conflicts with forge, which has ultimately lead to me abandoning the mod. It's a shame really.

danielford167

Jul 29, 2019
I personally use some of these NEI plugins when I play with mods, and they apply to Feed The Beast so...
https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/Home

They allow for NEI to do more things for you such as the IC2 Charge plugin which shows you the charge of electric tools, which is nicer then just the data and meta data values.
Id say that some of these should be put into Feed The Beast if there not already in :)

whizard_dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Well I know iChun has released a couple other mods besides the portal gun. We use it on the server I play on. The two mods are the back tools mod (which is also used on ForgeCraft) and mob dismemberment. As to the GPS not Stalker mod, she asked RichardG if we could use the mod on the server, but he didn't want to release it because of the potential to grief and such.

danielford167

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the mods here are very good and work well, maybe the configuration is a bit tedious but very nice
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...hud-v14-directionhud-v18-statuseffecthud-v17/

Armour Status HUD: Basically tells you the durability of the Armour and the Item you have in your hand, which can be helpful in PVP, or just fighting mobs.

Status HUD: Tells you what Status effects you have on screen, like Slowness, Fatigue and Blindness for examples, and so can be helpful, also shows the times remaining.

Direction HUD: Just a Compass at the top telling you the direction, not really that amazing but could be helpful if you cant use Rei's Minimap :p

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys know the name of the mod that indicates the areas where mobs can spawn ?... if I'm not mistaken, it highlights those areas with red squares.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys know the name of the mod that indicates the areas where mobs can spawn ?... if I'm not mistaken, it highlights those areas with red squares.
Maybe What is my lightlevel? (or something along these lines...)
Personally, I am that kind of boring guy only needing minimap.

danielford167

Jul 29, 2019
This is Rei's Minimap I believe and it shows Slime Chunks with a red square. You have to enable this in the settings of Rei's Minimap ( .(period key) ingame by default I believe)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-142132125-oct25-reis-minimap-v32-05/
(i think there is a bug with the current version of Forge (Not Tested))
Hope this helps