Clear Glass Stuck in Casting Basins

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a little setup for making automated clear glass using some Extra Utility goodness on a smeltery. Unfortunately I have run into a little issue for which I need a tissue.
EEiAr6Q.png

The system works for a while and then the basins get clogged up with liquid glass that doesn't solidify. I have tried manually right-clicking the faucets, in case the basins weren't actually full, but no more liquid glass pours out into the basins. There is plenty of molten glass in the smeltery. Has anyone else run into a similar issue with the smeltery? Or am I just doing something stupid?

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I can break and replace the basins (and I do), but they still end up getting gunked up eventually. I would love to find a more permanent solution.

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
liquiducts can actually interact with the basins, they act just like any other liquid tank. So it is actually possible to empty/fill them by putting liquiduts on them. Quite handy for situations like this. Just empty the basins with liquiducts pumping the liquid glass in a tank or back in the smelter, then refill them

Reactions: PierceSG

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Alright finally made the switch to liquiducts. I have run into another problem now though. I've done a little bit of testing and I'm losing between ~0-75% of my glass. I put it into the smeltery via hopper and pull the liquid glass out with 1 liquiduct on a drain and 2 other liquiducts put it into 5 basins. The basins have Extra Utility transfer nodes pulling out of them, the pipes converge into one chest.

Screeny here:
e0IVhq9.png

Front Side:
RpqOS4F.png
Anyways. It seems slightly dependent on how much glass I put in the hopper that dumps into the smeltery. I have done multiple tests:

45 glass (smeltery limit) turns to 44 glass
1 stack turns to 46 clear glass
2 stacks of glass turns to 53 clear glass
8 stacks of glass turns to ~2.5 stacks of clear glass

The 45 glass test I would consider no loss, because there is some leftover clear glass in each of the basins.

Anyways any help determining the cause on this one?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I might have to rig up a test for that. I was feeding sand to my smelteries for almost a week building up clear glass for a project, wonder if I lost any.

My first test if I were you would be to do it without the extrautilities pipes. Just slap a hopper on the smeltery controller and a chest on top of that and try it out. Do the same for output.

I know that isn't how you want it to look but if it suddenly works that way maybe you've found the problem.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I found the problem.
Interesting, I might have to rig up a test for that. I was feeding sand to my smelteries for almost a week building up clear glass for a project, wonder if I lost any.

My first test if I were you would be to do it without the extrautilities pipes. Just slap a hopper on the smeltery controller and a chest on top of that and try it out. Do the same for output.

I know that isn't how you want it to look but if it suddenly works that way maybe you've found the problem.

You were right. I had changed the hopper going into the smeltery with an extra utilities transfer node, that was the change that was causing my problems. The transfer node ate up the glass. Now that I have changed the node feeding into the smeltery with a hopper everything is working fine.