Civilization discussion

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Good news, thanks to that site you showed me. I should be able to buy the complete version of Civ 5 next payday.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the AI's also got downgraded?
Ehhh... The patches and expansions helped greatly apparently, the problem is what I mentioned, the Ais were built for the old mechanics. To be able to strategically stack their units in various areas, plus the pathfinding and maps have suffered for that as well. So they are a quite a bit less strategic in regards to military but their building is supposed to be a lot better.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Ehhh... The patches and expansions helped greatly apparently, the problem is what I mentioned, the Ais were built for the old mechanics. To be able to strategically stack their units in various areas, plus the pathfinding and maps have suffered for that as well. So they are a quite a bit less strategic in regards to military but their building is supposed to be a lot better.
Oh.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I could maybe sit down for a quickish game of Civ5 on a weekend but other than that my time is pretty chewed up atm.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I turned my nose up at every Civ game past 2 after a brief play on 3. I just flat out didn't like it.

Then I upgraded to a 64-bit OS and found my beloved (and much modded) Civ2, being 16-bit, refused to run. So I bit the bullet and bought 4. Aside from the slightly irritating length of the animation sequences for *every* battle (quite annoying when you have 50 units trying to take a city with a garrison of 30), it's much better than I expected.

Oh and Mr Spock voiceovers ftw :D

There's no excuse for Civ5 though. Just, no.

Reactions: psp