Problem Chunks Resetting / Liquiducts don't appear on Backup Restore

d4m1ty

Jul 29, 2019
Very strange issues we are running into on the server with MCPC+.

So far, we have seen chunks reset themselves (same chunks multiple times now) after a restart on the server.
Upon restoring a backup of the region containing the affected chunks, all the liquiducts in that region vanish in the restored region.

Iron Tank contents vanish after server restart. Tanks are not on chunk lines.
Some World Anchors are used in these areas, not chunkloaders though having or not having an active Anchor doesn't seem to change the resetting or empty tanks.

Those seeing the chunk resets are using liquiducts. I'm in a different region and haven't seen any resets, but I chose to use all the BC pipes, though I see the Iron Tank level reset.

Additional mods include
ValvePipe
TreeCapitator
Towny
Essentials
ForgeEssentials (Just use this for its auto backup/management, not permissions)
Pex
ServerSigns
WorldBorder
WorldProtect
TekkitRestrict

MasterTealc

Jul 29, 2019
Me & d4m1ty figured out the issue. It was the liquiducts causing the chunk resetting issue. They where also screwing with the world backups.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
My main server has had some chunk resets; one guy in particular has been hit hard a couple of times.

I've had a set of 3 iron tanks with 6mil oil and 3mil fuel simply empty out while I was away, my chunkloader was off. I had liquiducts running side by side, one with water, one with fuel. These glitched and ended up connected, filling the fuel duct with water.

All this to say/ask, do you know what sort of problem was being caused by the liquiducts? Was there a particular setup that was causing them to glitch? I -love- liquiducts and would really hate to lose them.

d4m1ty

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure with the liquiducts yet. I'm setting up an area and just going to build a crap load of liquiduct machines with other machines and hopefully one of those chunks will flip out.

With the iron tank, determined it was the anchors location. If the anchor is in an adjacent chunk, the tank empties. If the anchor is in the same chunk the iron tank contents remain.

Going to run a lot more testing of the liquiducts with other machines in the same chunks and I'll report back. If you have experienced a chunk reset on server restart and ae using liquiducts in the chunk, please post what other machines were in the chunk and if you were using an anchor, chunk loader, etc.

MasterTealc swapped out all his liquiducts with bc pipes on a backup restore. Re saved and restarted the server, was fine. He plopped down a couple liquiducts, not even active, just plopped them down, saved the server, restarted, chunk was reset.

MasterTealc

Jul 29, 2019
@AlanEsh We don't know why the liquiducts did this. We're still trying to figure that out. We're thinking it must be a glitch with them. Doing testing with them. Connecting them to iron tanks, tessracts, thermal gens, ect. I was the one that got hit the hardest with 3 chunk resets. There was one other dude that got hit also, but only a few pipes & redstone stuff broke.

tcrawleyman

Jul 29, 2019
I too have been having liquiduct problems on server restarts and in general. It seems that for me it happens either in unloaded/unattended chunks, chunk borders(big problem here), and in parts of the liquiduct multiblock where a lot of work is being done. To specify what my problem is with the liquiducts is that they will attempt to split and kinda get stuck. it will act as though it is connected but in fact not be. Surprisingly this also happens with conduits for the same reasons as liquiducts. So thats pretty much my problem. Would also like to note that pretty much all on my server with mass liquiducts and conduits are having similar problems.
If anyone knows solution a reply would be grateful!

d4m1ty

Jul 29, 2019
We're narrowing this down.
We got that the main components all resetting chunk have these 4 items in common.
World Anchor, Ender Tank, Aqueous Accumulator, XY Soil.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, my Liquiduct that has recently been breaking/disconnecting where it crosses a chunk border has a number of aqueous accumulators in the same chunk.

Hobby boy

Jul 29, 2019
The other day on the server i play on, I placed an industrial centrifuge and connected it to a lava supply via liquiducts. After the next restart, the chunk had reset. The chunk did contain an aqueous accumulator and ender tank, but there had been there for months, along with the liquiducts.