Problem Chunks don't unload / load by themselves.

AnttiV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

Running a small (max 3-person) LAN server with FTB pack Monster 1.1.1 on a Windows7 x64 machine.
The server runs (usually) just fine and I haven't seen any real problems, until very recently (think 1.1.1 or just a couple of days, not sure).

I've attached (scratch that, it doesn't allow me to upload. Click the link below for the image) an image of MapWriter map that shows the loaded chunks. I'm in the middle of my base ALONE in the server. There are no player-built *anything* outside a very small area around the base (say 20 chunks?). There is also two chickenchunks chunkloaders near (shown blue on map). Note all the "extra" green squares around the map? the greens are supposed to be "player loaded" maps, but they are very, very far from my position and even in places I haven't even been.

In the lower left corner, in some of those chunks are 300+ entities (according to the mapwriter overlay) and they keep bogging this server down. But none of us has visited that area in a loong time and they just do not unload.

What can I do (short of constantly shutdown/reload my server) to get rid of those unwanted loaded chunks (that apparently load by themselves? Them being in areas I haven't)?

Image: http://imgur.com/nvDTtxG

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Opis has an option to purge chunks(in other words, unload chunks not being loaded by chunkloaders or players) from any world, including the overworld.

AnttiV

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I can (and learn how). But in the meantime, if anyone was interested, I visited those chunks to see what happens in them. Turns out it was villagers, tons and tons and tons of villagers. They just keep spawning over and over again, even in chunks that nobody has been for ages. Somehow the villager spawning has gotten really out of control in this map/server.

I'll see what that purge does once I'm able, and I'll report back.

zISKo

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problems on my server.
I solved the villagers problem by deactivating the "revamp" mod.
The problem with the randomly loaded chunks seams to came from "mystcraft", because whenever someone enters a mystcraft dimension hundreds of chunks start loading in the overworld.
You can check this behavior by using the command /chunkloaders. I guess there is a memory leak or something like that.
Checked mystcraft version 0.10.12.01.
Version 0.10.13.01 just crashed my server at startup.