Chunk loaders

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sleban

Jul 29, 2019
What all items in FTB are chunk loaders? I removed the item called chunk loaders and my quarry but my base is always loaded anyone able to help?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Are you wondering why your base is loading because you don't have a chunk loader there?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Is your base close to the center of the map? That is X=0 and Z=0. Some chunks are always loaded there even in vanilla game.

Sleban

Jul 29, 2019
im not around 0,0 and yea my base is always loaded but i dont have any chunk loaders around that i know of

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
There is an actual item called a chunk loader also. Or is that what you removed...? No idea why you would remove that.

Sheant

Jul 29, 2019
Is your base close to the center of the map? That is X=0 and Z=0. Some chunks are always loaded there even in vanilla game.
I think it is actually spawn that is always loaded. Did you build your house near spawn?

Tobias

Sleban

Jul 29, 2019
no i didnt build my base around spawn and i dont have any portal guns and i know the item chunk loaders i had one and i removed it but its still loaded is there any other items besides chunk loaders world anchors?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post some pictures of your base?
May be able to help more if we can see what's in it.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
hmm...

chunk loaders from chicken chunks
world anchors
personal anchors
world anchor sentinels
portals
world anchor carts
chunk loading turtles
quarries
spawn (I think... possibly 0,0)
players
teleport tethers (no longer a thing - used to be a thing from additional pipes)

cannae think of any more. Why don't you want your base chunkloaded?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know there are not any others. If you try to give us more information, then we can try to solve the problem. Also, how do you even tell that your base is loaded, and what is the problem with it anyway?

EDIT: Just though of something - I think wireless turtles now chunk load.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
teleport tethers (no longer a thing - used to be a thing from IC2)
Teleport Tethers were from Additional Pipes, not IC2. Whenever an official version of that mod gets updated (if it does), they'll probably return.

EDIT: Just though of something - I think wireless turtles now chunk load.
That would be strange, given that the wireless modem is used in the chunk loader module recipe...

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
Teleport Tethers were from Additional Pipes, not IC2. Whenever an official version of that mod gets updated (if it does), they'll probably return.

That would be strange, given that the wireless modem is used in the chunk loader module recipe...
thanks for the info :D

Sleban

Jul 29, 2019
well i run biogas and bio fuel and i dont want my supply to run out cause atm i dont produced enough biogas to keep it running when im not there to monitor it

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
well i run biogas and bio fuel and i dont want my supply to run out cause atm i dont produced enough biogas to keep it running when im not there to monitor it
Levers are pretty good for turning off engines that are not in use...