Chunk loader question

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
If I craft a chunk loader, is it working for everyone on a server or only for me ? Ex: If I set a couple apiary on a jungle biome far from my house and my friend set some too, is the apiary of my friend will work?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
A chunk loader acts like an invisible player is standing there keeping that particular 3x3 area loaded. There is nothing player-specific about a chunk loader/spot loader/world anchor.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
ok because I have 1 chunk loader set already for my apiary on jungle and its working just fine. I was just wondering about my question..also the chunk loader have some seting where the radius seem to be more than a 3x3. Not sure if its really increasing the radius and Im maybe wrong.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
If your question is "will my apiary and my friend's apiary benefit from the same chunk loader?" the answer is yes. If the chunk is loaded by any of the items I mentioned, the chunk is loaded for everyone and every block in it from sky to bedrock.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
There is a setting in the config files to make the chickenchunk's chunkloader only stay loaded while the player is online. If that is enabled and you log off, those chunks would be unloaded even if your friend was online elsewhere on the server. If it's disabled, then even while you are offline the chunks will remain loaded, so anyone's objects will continue to work in those chunks.

The radius option counts from the chunk the chunkloader was placed on. So a square with a radius of 1 will load a 1x1 area, in other words just the chunk it is located on. A radius 2 will do a 3x3 area, centered on the chunk the chunkloader is on. Radius 3 will do a 5x5. Radius 4 will do a 7x7, and so on. The maximum chunks that can be loaded is also specified in the config file.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
There is a setting in the config files to make the chickenchunk's chunkloader only stay loaded while the player is online.
Yeah that is an important point -- he'll have to check with the server owner to know if that setting is enabled.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Tomorrow at 10:30 am febuary 28 I will receive my new computer and I will be the host of the server. My friend will send me all the server files needed so I can install it. About the config file, since Im really noob with all the stuff related to modify seting, I will have to know the exact path to find that folder. Im guessing its located inside the minecraft folder ?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Tomorrow at 10:30 am febuary 28 I will receive my new computer and I will be the host of the server. My friend will send me all the server files needed so I can install it. About the config file, since Im really noob with all the stuff related to modify seting, I will have to know the exact path to find that folder. Im guessing its located inside the minecraft folder ?

Yes, it will be located here: yourMindcraftServerFolder\config\ChickenChunks.cfg.

The specific line to verify is this:

Code:
#If set to false, players will have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.
#Simply add <username>=<true|false>
allowoffline
{
DEFAULT=true
OP=true
}
That is the default setting, and as such, the "DEFAULT" option should be set to "true" to work offline for everyone.