Chunk Corruption On SMP/SSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxFirestorm

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. A group of my friends were playing on our FTB server (Which is hosted and setup by Envious Host) and found 4 chunks that were like the old-style "World Hole" chunk errors, but were persistent, even when relogging or restarting the server.

A few moments ago, one of our members went through a MystCraft portal and landed in a newly generated "Chunk Error" in a chunk that had previously been safe and error free. This caused the server to crash and will now not restart. Upon downloading the world into single player, I used Creative Mode to fly to the area where the chunks weren't loading on the server. I found that no chunks after the first chunk error I could get to would load at all, leaving a massive void where there should have been an NPC village, MystCraft Portals, community-built structures and so on. I also experienced massive lag when trying to move away from the area, resulting in me having to force-close Minecraft.

Not sure how this has happened and, to be honest, we're not even certain if it's being brought on by FTB or its components. (One "Chunk Error" was in the middle of the water, where there was nothing that could have interfered or caused these errors.

We are unable to load the map to get screenshots, however, please find linked a copy of the map that we downloaded from the server.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ft89oy3ugmnzwng/world.zip

Assuming you don't start in a tree (in which case, you fly forward a little) and start in a snow biome, the co-ordinates are X:141 Y:65 Z:1354

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'll check it out when I get home. Can you provide a bit more information regarding the server and your client?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Your computers OS and java (just want to make sure nothing is mismatched there)
The server specs (how it's run, amount of memory, etc)
Any other mods you might have installed.
A server log couldn't hurt either, there could be something corrupted in one of the files or a process, and maybe I can find something that could cause it.

MaxFirestorm

Jul 29, 2019
Computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium and on Java 7, Update 9
Server has 2GB RAM, 10GB Disk Space. Not sure how you mean by "How it's run" though ^^; )
We don't have any mods installed to the server aside from FTB.
Here's some of the log. http://pastebin.com/ZEJxnsmM I couldn't get all of it as it's almost 4 MILLION lines long from only 2 hours of play. It was literally this (or similar for different chunk errors) for almost every line!

thesbros

Jul 29, 2019
World won't even load for me, I'm gonna see if I can open it up in MCEdit and take a look at it.
EDIT: Looking into it, MCEdit says those chunks aren't even present.
EDIT2: I'm gonna see if I can repair the chunks.
EDIT2.5: I started repairing it. It might take a while.
EDIT3: Ok, it seems the culprit is r.0.2.mca, it has 50896 entities! Looking here, it seems the cause of this is a "bad chunk". I'm gonna try deleting it and seeing if it has any effect.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Constantly spawning 12 squids every second sounds like something that could cause issues yeah :p
No idea who we'r supposed to rapport this to though.

thesbros

Jul 29, 2019
Constantly spawning 12 squids every second sounds like something that could cause issues yeah :p
No idea who we'r supposed to rapport this to though.
Yeah, I don't think this is related to FTB. From spawning all the squids my FML log file became 85 MBs in just like 30 seconds..

DarkOverord

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, I pestered Max to post it here on the off chance it was something related to FTB. This way we knew for sure if it was something vanilla (Like I thought, or at least as vanilla as a bit of corrupt data goes) or not. Thank you for managing to fix it though o/ Will be keeping a hold of that site you linked too!

Status
Not open for further replies.