Chickens.......

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zinzi

Jul 29, 2019
Grr I am at my wits end. I am trying to build up my egg stock for witchery and cant seem to get chickens into a pen. I have tried feeding them seed but they dont want to follow me back to the pen. I have also tried by throwing 2 stacks of eggs into the pen hoping they would hatch but still nothing happens. Has anyone got any advice on the chickens ( lol I am starting to hate them right about now)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The easiest way to move animals is with things like golden lassos or safari nets. Alternately a lead will let you, ahem, lead a mob, or passive mobs will follow you when you are holding something they like (seeds for chicken, carrots for pigs, wheat for sheep and cows).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah. Golden lasso if you are going for individual animals. Pile of Safari nets if you are going on a spree. Only gets easier if you play a version with Portal Gun mod: Put one portal up above pen back at home, put other portal under animals feet out in the wild = win.

Reactions: gold49

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
personally I prefer using the Ender IO soul vials. the main reason is because these soul vials actually stack, unlike golden lasso's and safari nets.
do note they stack when they're empty, when they're filled they ofcourse no longer stack, but it's much easier carrying 16 empty soul vials in 1 slot instead of 16 golden lasso's or safari nets in 16 slots

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I honestly prefer lasso/nets If i know how many mobs I want. Means I don't accidentally fill the slot.

EDIT: Not to say you can't use Soul Vials if you want to.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Totally random mental picture just whizzed through my head prompting this question (to which I hope the answer is yes):

Anybody know if golems can ride in minecarts?

EDIT: I am so sorry. Totally wrong thread.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I beleive they can to answer your question, although it is in the wrong thread XD

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If all you need is eggs, you can cage a single chicken on top of a hopper. All laid eggs go straight into the inventory of your choice (ME Interface, in my instance).

Remember, you just have to have seeds in hand, not fed to them, to lead them. Feeding them seeds enters breeding mode and they may stop paying attention to you while they seek a mate.