Chickens-MOD - Iron Chickens - Ingots -> Nuggets?

T

ToeiRei

Hi guys,

I'm trying to rebalance chickens on my server. The big issue are iron chickens laying ingots. My basic idea was changing those to be using nuggets. But sadly as I am on 1.10.2, minecraft doesn't offer vanilla iron nuggets.

Now I'm trying to figure out on how to replace those in chickens.cfg:

Code:
ironchicken {
    # Item amount to be laid/dropped. [range: 1 ~ 64, default: 1]
    I:dropItemAmount=1

# Item amount to be laid/dropped. [range: -2147483648 ~ 2147483647, default: 0]
    I:dropItemMeta=0

# Item name to be laid/dropped. [default: minecraft:iron_ingot]
    S:dropItemName=minecraft:iron_ingot

# Item amount to be laid/dropped. [range: 1 ~ 64, default: 1]
    I:eggItemAmount=1

# Item amount to be laid/dropped. [range: -2147483648 ~ 2147483647, default: 0]
    I:eggItemMeta=0

# Item name to be laid/dropped. [default: minecraft:iron_ingot]
    S:eggItemName=minecraft:iron_ingot

# Is chicken enabled? [default: true]
    B:enabled=true

# Scale time to lay an egg. [range: 0.01 ~ 100.0, default: 1.0]
    S:layCoefficient=1.0

# First parent, empty if it's base chicken. [default: FlintChicken]
    S:parent1=FlintChicken

# First parent, empty if it's base chicken. [default: WhiteChicken]
    S:parent2=WhiteChicken

# Chicken spawn type, can be: NORMAL, SNOW, NONE, HELL [default: NORMAL]
    S:spawnType=NORMAL
}

But everything I replace the minecraft:iron_ingot with, gives me a stack trace. For mod-compatibility I'd like to replace them with immersive engineering nuggets... but it fails. Any clues?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Wow.... Good find and good googlefu for finding it. Only suggestion I would have is to also post the crash report you get on GitHub just in case it is different from the one the original post author put up. Might help the mod dev a little.

T

ToeiRei

I found out while doing my own modpack. I mean, as an alternative I can still cut down the efficiency of the chicken to 1/9 for the same effect. As stated in the bug it requires a complete rewrite which is unlikely to happen in 1.10.

In other words, that might be a 'wontfix'...

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
At this point that maybe correct. It depends if the mod author is willing to backport their fixes. I know of one mod author I will never put in of my packs again because he refuses to fix bugs and will not backport fixes when he does finally fix an issue. Worse thing about it is that he has one of the most popular mods out there. But if you ever take a look at his github it has over a 1000 reports of issues and he takes no time or interest in fixes.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
It is. I was trying to be kind and not name the author or his mod. But the one I got burned on was Funky Locomotion for 1.10. Which is also his.

T

ToeiRei

I had my share on fixing stuff that EU2 broke - see the pink generator... that's why I know