Open Charset Backpack cannot be removed, once worn. ctrl-right-click of backpack freezes game.

M

MadDachshund

Summary of the problem Charset Backpack cannot be removed, once worn. ctrl-right-click of backpack freezes game.

Pack Version 1.5.1

What is the bug? I crafted a charset backpack, figured out how to put it on, but have been unable to remove it... The charset wiki says "shift-right-click" but that did nothing (possibly because I'm on mac). I tried just about every key combination I could think of, and when I tried "ctrl-right-click" and the entire game froze, and had to be force quit.

In short, it seems that once you wear the charset backpack, you have to accept it as your fate, as it will never come off (nor can it even be used for storage).

Mod & Version Charset-0.3.0-pre15.jar

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes.

Known Fix: Wearing the Sleeping Bag removes the backpack.

Last edited:

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Use WearableBackpacks from copygirl instead if you're in single-player - they have similar functionality (as they're based on the same mod, BetterStorage) and are coded far better than mine. (Charset 0.3.1+ removes backpacks anyway)

M

MadDachshund

Use WearableBackpacks from copygirl instead if you're in single-player - they have similar functionality (as they're based on the same mod, BetterStorage) and are coded far better than mine. (Charset 0.3.1+ removes backpacks anyway)
Thanks for the heads up, however WearableBackpacks are not available in FTB Infinity Lite (which is what I'm playing). There are a few other storage options, although not wearable, can be carried while containing items.