Charging my Flux Tool while mining?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PDizzle

Jul 29, 2019
AE is shorthand for Applied Energistics, and it is a powerful combination sorting/storage/autocrafting mod. Great mod for a variety of reasons. I mostly use it for storage/sorting.
And as for charging your tools in such a manner, yeah, you aren't doing it wrong, but you can charge the tool while in your hotbar if the cap is also in your hotbar IIRC, but you really only should do this when you have more then one tool in your hotbar that uses RF.
Many suggest AE for in field recharging with ender chests and ender pouches, but I suggest Logistic Pipes for that. That way I can also use a remote orderer in case I need something from my stockpile that I didn't bring(and unlike AE, I can grab anything from my stockpile with LP, including crafting new things while in the field with LP).

Very interesting. I'll look into AE as well as LP. In the meantime, its off to the nether for another 4XArdite hammer!

Thanks everyone for you knowledgeable and quick replies. FTB community is as impressive as the modpacks!

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you mean. What bug?
i remember enchanting IC2 tools via anvil was claimed as a bug, and supposedly fixed in exp branch, or something like that.

Yeah ofc, but just assumed many people are employing ore processing that rewards more than 2x output(as you would get with the autogrind+smelt tool solution). Fortune does nothing on ores, it is only increasing the rewards from stuff like diamonds, coal, redstone etc. which you cant smelt.

But think we might be derailing the thread. Just wanted to mention the Gravisuite tools as a very decent(if not superior in many cases) alternative to the hammer/excavator.

well TiCo tools with fortune&autosmelt, in addition to ores like redstone and diamonds also apply fortune to all smelltable blocks(iron ore, logs etc.) which results in more than double output.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
It seems I can not do it. I'm on Horizons. My flux cap is turned on and on my hotbar and when I select my hammer it charges but while doing so I can't mine. Is this a bug or working as intended?
Is there a work around? If not, that is a huge bummer because my full ardite hammer blows through the 400K pretty quick and I'm left there holding my hammer while it charges up.
You need to use a better capacitor. Use the next tier "Redstone Flux Capacitor". It should work fine with the hammer as it can output 2000 RF/t.

PDizzle

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use a better capacitor. Use the next tier "Redstone Flux Capacitor". It should work fine with the hammer as it can output 2000 RF/t.
I use even a better one than redstone, the enderean one(forgot the real name but its the best) and the problem still exists. As long as its charging at all I get one use, then have to pause for a second.