Charging diamond drills

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
How do you charge diamond drills efficently? Is there an item that you can hold that will charge it?

elmarko98

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a lappack/batpack/ultimate lappack it will automatically charge your items in your hand. You need to charge them as well though but they hold a lot more than the mining drill, also you can wear a solar helmet which charges your items for you whenever you're in the sun. But yeah get a batpack first, charge it and when you can afford one get a lappack. You wear them on your back.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a lappack/batpack/ultimate lappack it will automatically charge your items in your hand. You need to charge them as well though but they hold a lot more than the mining drill, also you can wear a solar helmet which charges your items for you whenever you're in the sun. But yeah get a batpack first, charge it and when you can afford one get a lappack. You wear them on your back.

Thanks a lot :D
It was annoying to have to run back everytime to charge my drill

elmarko98

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yeah I know what it's like. Watch Direwolf20 if you don't already, everything you need to know about the mods in FTB are right there on his YouTube channel :) Watch his singleplayer seasons though, I feel you learn a lot more from them.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yeah I know what it's like. Watch Direwolf20 if you don't already, everything you need to know about the mods in FTB are right there on his YouTube channel :) Watch his singleplayer seasons though, I feel you learn a lot more from them.

I've been watching the season 3 server, but very slowly :p

Oh yeah, a quick question while this thread is still alive..
Waterproof pipes need beeswax, I thought they only needed cactus greens. When was this beeswax added? and is there a way to turn it off?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You don't use cactus green, you use waterproofing. Put the cactus green in a crafting table and you get waterproofing as a result. Waterproofing + pipe = waterproof pipe.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
You don't use cactus green, you use waterproofing. Put the cactus green in a crafting table and you get waterproofing as a result. Waterproofing + pipe = waterproof pipe.

Last time I checked it said I needed beeswax for the waterproofing..
I dunno..