Changing the Mystcraft pages of a pre-existing age??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
I have a void world base and I have just discovered the 'Bright Light' Page, which would be very useful..

I doubt there is but I thought it might be worth a try - also perhaps there is a file in the world save which controls it which I could change?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
birghtness is less useful than you think; it is essentially a permanent night vision buff while you are in the age

but no there is no way to legitimately change the descriptive book after the age is generated

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
birghtness is less useful than you think; it is essentially a permanent night vision buff while you are in the age

but no there is no way to legitimately change the descriptive book after the age is generated
With a magnum torch, no mobs would spawn?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to change an age or to find out what symbols were added to an age is to do direct NBT editing. There is a DAT file for each age under \worldname\data\agedata_#.dat. Open that and you can see/possibly edit both the pages and symbols used. I haven't tried editing one myself yet so I can't say if it'll work for sure.
PROTIP: MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.:eek:
Also of note: The descriptive book contains no actual data about the Age itself, it's only a reference to it.

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to do it by creating another age with the new pages, and copying the old region folder into the save. - It worked!