Changing Block ID's in 1.7.10?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
Is this still possible?

I've taken a look through the config files to find none there...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
You probably don't need to do it as the id's shouldn't conflict anymore since 1.7.10.

That being said why do you want to do it?

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
My world has had a horrible ID conflict in which all the leaves in my world have turned into MFR rails - causing HUGE tps lag (we're at about 4.8 tps)

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
you mean that all the rails broke and causes lag because they are an item now? Because I don't think that the rail block itself give tps lag maybe fps but not tps.

As for this issue did you open the world with another program like mcedit? Or did you do something else with it? Does it affect all leaves (modded and vanilla) are other blocks affected?

If they are now items you can probably use one of the cofh commands to remove all the items but I would recommend to switch to a backup if you have one.

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
No there all blocks hanging in the air (if one is broken, they all fall), but we can't really find any other possible cause of the tps lag...

It doesn't affect all trees, around half (they must have been rubber trees or something).

I'll try a backup and MCEdit.

Eureka920

Jul 29, 2019
I've reverted to a backup and all looks fine...

Except the tps is still at 15.95 in the overworld...

What are the usual causes for this and how would I fix this?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
create a .txt file put in the following
java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

the Xms and Xmx are for the ram and minecraft_server.jar is the name of the server file

then replace the .txt with .bat and run the .bat

Reactions: Grato and Fuzzbling

clarity

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have the same request for a different reason. I'm running into an odd error myself with Pam's Harvestcraft, which I felt I might be able to fix if I can temporarily change one of the item ID numbers. But oddly enough, I don't see the numbers listed in the config to change.

I narrowed the problem down to the immature cinnamon block from the cinnamon tree in Pam's Harvestcraft. Holding that block is actually okay, but if I try to put the block down in the world, or I let the tree grow then attempt to harvest said block, it crashes my game. Tnere's also a error difference: putting the block down crashes it, but you can atleast recover the game. Harvesting it crashes it to the point you cannot recover your game...and that's the problem. I can't recover the game I'm playing. That's why I'm hoping if I change that number for a short time, I can hopefully stop the error in my game and bring it back. If that works, then I can switch the item number back, afterwards. Atleast that's my plan.

I did a data dump and found the item IDs, but I don't think changing it in a dump will change the ID number. So, I'm asking the same thing Eureka is....where are the item IDs for the mods now, and how do you change them?

I figured something had to change in 1.7.10, since they were all neatly listed in the dump without one space open in between. I found that very odd.

Last edited: