Change Tinkers Construct Parts?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was able to do this before, for example, having an obsidian showel head and turning that into an ax head or a rod.. But now, I can't do it. Any ideas as to why or if there is a config option I'm not being able to find to turn that option on again?

Thanks in advance.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
That's not what I mean, tought I had been clear xD I was sure someone would think I'm talking about switching a part of a tool for another but what I mean is to change the part into another part, like, using the part as a material for another part.. That's why I've put "having an obsidian showel head and turning that into an ax head or a rod"

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I never heard of that being possible, changing the tool head to a tool head of another type.
the only thing I know is possible is changing the tool components to different materials using Iguana Tinker Tweaks.

it may help if you could tell us which Minecraft version and what modlist/modpack you were playing when this was possible.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I never heard of that being possible, changing the tool head to a tool head of another type.
the only thing I know is possible is changing the tool components to different materials using Iguana Tinker Tweaks.

it may help if you could tell us which Minecraft version and what modlist/modpack you were playing when this was possible.

That's the problem, I can't remember :/ it was a long time ago, think it was a Third Party modpack, but can be sure at all..

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
That's not what I mean, tought I had been clear xD I was sure someone would think I'm talking about switching a part of a tool for another but what I mean is to change the part into another part, like, using the part as a material for another part.. That's why I've put "having an obsidian showel head and turning that into an ax head or a rod"

Apologies, just seen a lot of threads asking this question and went into auto-pilot... No I've never known this to work like that

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
tbh you're probably just better off chucking it back into the smeltery and repouring it as whatever you need it to be.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
tbh you're probably just better off chucking it back into the smeltery and repouring it as whatever you need it to be.

ooh, is that what OP is asking about? I thought OP meant changing an already created tool into another.
well, if you've a tool part that's made through the smeltery you can always chuck it back into the smeltery to smelt it back into the resource you made it out of.

ofcourse this will not work for most tool parts created through the part builder.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
ooh, is that what OP is asking about? I thought OP meant changing an already created tool into another.
well, if you've a tool part that's made through the smeltery you can always chuck it back into the smeltery to smelt it back into the resource you made it out of.

ofcourse this will not work for most tool parts created through the part builder.

First I thought he wanted to change parts in a completed tool, pickaxe to new pickaxe
Then change a completed tool to a new type, pickaxe to shovel

Now I see he wants to change a pickaxe head to a shovel head....

Still no idea if you can do it... Should be able to if they have the same material cost, probably a config.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
First I thought he wanted to change parts in a completed tool, pickaxe to new pickaxe
Then change a completed tool to a new type, pickaxe to shovel

Now I see he wants to change a pickaxe head to a shovel head....

Still no idea if you can do it... Should be able to if they have the same material cost, probably a config.

You can in Departed... And with a little bit of mod disabling I found out the one guilty of this awesome attribute is Iguana's... Now I've installed iguanas on my infinity and can recover that slime that I wasted (It was the last bit I had and I can't find another island and needed a rod, but made a bind xD