Change spawn point

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Is there a simple way to changing the default world spawn point in 1.6.4 ?

I want to create a spawn base for new players as the mobs are pretty nasty, but the default spawn point is kinda crappy.

Would be nice to be able to place it on an area of my choice.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
/spawnpoint only applies to particular players .. doesn't change the universal spawn point for anyone that joins.

I tried /setworldspawn this morning but said unknown command, after which I opened this thread.

Or is it a direct to console server command?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
/spawnpoint has been around since 1.4 and only works for the players specified - it's not server-global. setworldspawn was introduced in 1.7, and indeed moves the world spawn, and thus where new players spawn in when they join.
Additional commands can be made available (e.g. for earlier versions) using mods/plugins.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
So if I'm running 1.6, setworldspawn is not for me.

So my next question is ... any mods that do it without having to go through the MCEdit route? ie: download the current 4GB map and reupload it, just to click 1 button into MCEdit

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So if I'm running 1.6, setworldspawn is not for me.

So my next question is ... any mods that do it without having to go through the MCEdit route? ie: download the current 4GB map and reupload it, just to click 1 button into MCEdit

You can use NBT explorer to edit the level.dat file. That file is tiny.

Reactions: Shevron