Open Change Game Mode Creative Deleting Contents/Items

Steven Ellis

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Change Game Mode Creative Deleting Contents/Items

Pack Version 1.1.3

What is the bug? I have tested this for accuracy a few times now because I thought I was crazy. So on my private server I changed the game mode to Creative to replace an expensive block I accidentally deleted in the trash can, and upon switching back to survival mode I noticed that the entire contents of my Gold Bag Of Holding (or whatever) were completely empty. It was literally just full of tons of stuff I mined/scavenged. So I tested my theory that it was the changing of the game mode and placed a single piece of cobble into the bag, changed the game mode back to creative, then immediately back to survival. Opened the bag, and viola, bag is empty.

Then, tonight, after helping a friend with botania flowers I noticed that his hydrongeas were gone. It happened to be the same case. Tested, and proven. Just letting you guys know, unless that is working as intended...

EDIT: 12/16/16- I did some further research on the botania hydrongeas disappearing and it does seem that it could be mere coincidence that they disappeared when i was trying to replicate the issue using the change mode trick as they are supposed to normally decay (according to other reddit posts). The first issue, however, is still remaining. Deletion of items from my bag of holding upon changing of game mode to creative and back to survival. I found the work around to be that in JEI you can enable "cheat mode" to allow you to collect items from the JEI menu instead of changing the game mode.

Mod & Version Extra Utlis 2 (extrautils2-1.10.2-1.1.2jar), Botania (Botania r1.9-339.jar), minecraft v 1.10, DW20 v1.10.3

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes. Change the game mode to replicate. Those are the only two instances where I have noticed things being deleted by an admin priv.

Known Fix

Last edited:

UrMagus

Jul 29, 2019
Seconded. I just hit this twice - once with the bag of holding, and once with Botania's Bauble Case. This seems to indicate this is a problem with the code that manages the type of storage these items use. For instance, Bagginses is unaffected, and so must use a different type of space for contained items.

I lost a LOT because of this bug. Anyone know if this is being worked on?:mad: