{(CHALLENGE)} - Infinity Evolved - Expert Mode - Peasant to King - Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you like this recreation of the challenge, and would like me to continue updating?

• Yes! I love it, please continue updating it!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • I would like to see updates, but there could be improvements. (pls tell me)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infinity Evolved Expert Mode is complicated enough, I don't need more restrictions!

• No, it's just a ripoff.

• Total voters

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
This is for building the Kingdom of your dreams in Infinity Evolved - Expert mode without losing inspiration and having fun with progressing (hopefully)!

Following the steps will eventually lead you to a great, sprawling kingdom! (well, now that I think of it, it be should an extremely technologically advanced medieval kingdom that has access to quarries, automation, machines and robots to do their bidding...)

And before I start, this is heavily based off of @Maul_Junior 's Refugee to Regent challenge. I have gotten a ton of inspiration from that post, and I hope to do justice with making a challenge that is just as good for Infinity Evolved.
Maul_Junior's challenge: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...e-to-regent-kingdom-building-challenge.18310/

(i'm not very good at lore/story telling. apologies if it sucks and it's a just a little short)

Tip: Bolded sentences are required to be finished in order to advance to the next stage. Un-bolded sentences are just generally tips to make things look better, what you
should be aiming for, etc, etc.
And, you don't have to finish the requirements in order. You can do them in whatever order you like.

Guidelines

• Don't cheat.
  • Always stay on at least easy, then it won't be much of a challenge, now would it?
  • Any items you find in generated chests (ie villages, dungeons, etc) that are above the era you are in, cannot be used.
  • All and any mineshafts you make have to be at least 3x3 tunnels, and has to have support beams every 10 blocks, such as a tower of logs, fences, etc.
  • You must wear a helmet when you're going underground to mine - if it breaks, you must leave the mine and replace it in order to go back down. If your house has a basement level, a helmet is not required.
  • NPC villages and/or dungeons do not count towards your requirements, but you can use and take anything you find.
  • You don't have to take all the rules/requirements - if you're not having fun, change it! This is for the people that lose inspiration or have nothing to do, the rules are just there to make it challenging. (it is a challenge, after all)
  • Not really a requirement, but I would absolutely love it if people shared their progress via screenshots or videos! Worlds that I really enjoy will be featured on the OP!
Humble Beginnings - Stage 1
Background
As a serf, you've just escaped your lord's settlement after rogues and drunkards burnt it down. With no where to seek refuge and to stay the night, you dash into the wild with others that have escaped, with the idea of starting anew. You start to wearily punch trees in the dawn of light, planning out what to do, and how to survive in the wilderness.

Objectives to Advance
Build makeshift huts for your residents and yourself
Make crops to sustain your settlement

Rules
  • The only tool you may create and use is a wooden mattock from TiCO. - you may not create any weapons either.
  • Any tools such as buckets and higher tiered tools found in generated chests may not be used.
  • Generated houses and villages may be looted (you monster) but you cannot reside in village or house, you must go and create your own settlement.
  • If your hut has a basement, supports must be placed at least once every 10 blocks.
  • Each resident must have a hut.
  • You may not use/build with any stone-type blocks, or wooden planks.
  • You can craft/build anything you want as long as it is in reach of your current tools.
  • Torches cannot, and should not be crafted in this era.
Difficulty
  • Easy - +1 resident
  • Normal - +2 residents
  • Hard - +3 residents
Huts
You may not use any wooden planks to build, only raw logs.

• Huts must be made out of naturally generated materials you can gather with your hand - such as dirt, mud, clay, sand, gravel, etc.
  • If you're playing on Normal difficulty, you would have to build 3 huts in total, 2 for your residents, and 1 for yourself.
  • You cannot build upwards from the hut, such as a second floor as your building block are not sturdy enough to support another floor, although you can have a basement with a support.
  • Each hut must have a bed, a chest, and a workbench, and you may use ladders. But your hut can have whatever you need, such as your TiCo tool stations.
  • All chests in huts (excluding yours) must contain the following: 1 wooden mattock, 3 fruits (apples, raspberries, grapes, etc), 3 bread, 6 carrots, and 16 wood logs.
Agricultural
All crops must be placed by a body of water, as you are far away from acquiring a bucket.
You may not use crop sticks, as of yet.
  • +6 planted wheat per civilian
  • +6 planted carrots per civilian
  • Plant 8 berries of your choice (raspberry, blueberry, etc)
  • Plant 8 sugarcane
  • Plant 4 cotton/industrial hemp
  • Plant 2 apple trees
Breeding
  • Breed sheep until you have 4-6. Build a wall, place 'em in a hole, I don't care.
If you have completed all of the bolded objectives, you may advance to the next stage.

Tools of the Trade! - Stage 2
Background
Your settlement is starting to see brighter days. After having sustainable food, your people got to work on tinkering with tools - and alas, created a pickaxe that is able to hack at stone. A particular gifted resident of your little settlement has told you the idea of a furnace! He said it would require a lot of stone to generate and keep heat in, and with the knowledge of heat came torches, an incredible little invention that lights up the surrounding area. And so, after some time, wandering hermits and families started to come in 1's and 2's, and you found that you need to construct more and better houses for all of your new residents.

Objectives to Advance
  • Create new, spanking, wooden tools and weapons. *woo* (You can only use wooden tools)
  • Refurbish and construct better homes, out of wood/stone. (And I'd recommend demolishing the crappy little huts, they don't look very good, do they?)
  • Craft torches and light up the houses.
  • Create a mine-shaft where you and your citizens can go and mine for stone and other goods (staircases still have to be 3x3).
  • Moar crops!
Rules
  • You still cannot craft stone tools yet. (except for the stone saw)
  • Normal residents get a 2 story house, peasants just get a 1 story house. Your house gets at least 3 floors. (basement and second story)
Difficulty:
(Not adding on residents/peasants, the addition is all of the citizens together, ex: +2 residents, +2 peasants = 4 citizens all together)
  • Easy - +1 resident, +1 peasant
  • Normal - +2 residents, +2 peasant
  • Hard - +3 residents, +2 peasants
Tools
  • Go ahead and create TiCo's wooden pick, shovel, axe, and a sword of your liking.
  • Craft a stone saw for all your microblock building needs.
  • The only iron tools you can make in this stage is the chisel, shears, and the carpenter's hammer and chisel. (*drools* so many blocks...)
  • Find some coal or craft a furnace to cook some charcoal, and craft yourself 64 torches. You've earned it.
  • Craft a fishing rod from your cotton/industrial hemp, and start fishing for a meat source. (although not that good since you can't cook it yet)
  • Craft a juicer from Pam's. It compresses fruits into juices, somehow having more hunger points than a normal fruit.
Mineshaft
  • Start mining a staircase (3x3) into the ground that will soon be your new mineshaft. For now, stop the staircase at level y=32 (if you come across something like cinnabar ore (stupid cinnabar ore) then you can go ahead and break that in creative, or if you're a hardcorist, go ahead and mine at that for an eternity). That level will be your coal and iron mineshaft since iron and coal are both commonly found there. (remember to have your supports! personally, i like to use fences on the sides.)
  • Also create a new mineshaft at level y=50 to find apatite - apatite is used to make fertilizer.
  • Tip - You should have a sign to signify what ore that mineshaft is for.
  • Get enough cobblestone to craft compressed cobble, then create a furnace!
  • Craft stairs and place them in the staircase.
Houses
  • Your new houses should be made from wood (planks are fine) and the stone of your choice. Add in some glass too, since you've just made yourself a furnace.
  • For example, if you're playing Normal difficulty, you would have to make 5 new houses in total, 2 two-story houses (2 for your residents) your three-story house, and 2 one story houses. (for the peasants)
  • Tip - try to stick a theme onto your houses, it'll look better that there aren't a high contrast of different looking buildings together.
  • The houses should be big enough to have at least a separate room for chests, a living room, and a bedroom.
  • All of the residents houses should have one furnace, a double chest, a bed, a workbench, and some decoration. (ex. paintings, "chairs" (stairs), flowers, bibliocraft stuff, etc.)
  • Peasants only get a chest, workbench, and a bed.
  • All of your civilians chests should have the following: 16 wood logs, 32 cobblestone, a full set of wooden tools (sword, mattock, pickaxe, axe, and shovel), 6 fruit juices, 6 bread, 3 fish, a leather helmet and boots, 16 torches, a fishing rod, and 32 fertilizer. (forestry)
Agriculture
  • +4 wheat per civilian
  • +6 another type of vegetable per civilian
  • +8 cotton/industrial hemp
  • +2 apple trees
  • +2 food tree from Pam's Harvestcraft
  • Start a tree farm to harvest wood, start with 16 saplings.
  • Craft a seed analyzer, and start using crop sticks to breed wheat seeds into at least 5, 5, 5 seeds. You can make better seeds if you want to.
Breeding
  • Using the more wheat crops, start breeding cows until you get around 8-10 of them.
  • Same for sheep, breed them until you have 8-10.
If you have completed all of the bolded objectives, you may advance to the next stage.

The Vault, Sturdier Tools, Coal Oil, and a Magical Liquid Holder - Stage 3
Background
A man after mining, went into his house, and tinkered around with bits and parts - it was driving everyone mad, with clanking and banging's emitting from his house. He soon emerged, while holding something behind his back, and revealed a pickaxe... But... with a stone head! Everyone oohed and ahhed, and we implemented stone into all of our tools, and it worked brilliantly! Much more faster than our old, shoddy wooden tools that needed to be often repaired and recreated. With the new and improved tools, I suggested on building community structures, such as a vault so we can store all of our valuables into it.
And apparently, a blacksmiths has stumbled into our little village, fired from not being "adequate" enough in the lord's eyes. We welcomed him, as one blacksmith is better than none. He wanted his own blacksmiths, with something called a "coke oven" where we can cook coal until it starts dripping creosote. He said that the oil can be used create different tools, so we immediately started on that project.
(i'm sorry this background was long, you can skip it, it isn't entirely necessary to read the whole thing).

Objectives to Advance
  • Upgrade your old wooden tools into stone TiCo tools from the cobble you've mined.
  • Build a vault, which is a sort of town hall where your citizens can store their valuables.
  • Build a smithy for the blacksmith.
  • Build a coke oven in the blacksmith, where he can stuff coal, and extract coal coke/creosote oil.
  • Craft a magical bucket. (just a normal bucket)
  • Build a greenhouse where your crops can flourish.
  • Build a church dedicated to any real/fake religion you'd like your villagers to worship.
Rules
  • You cannot use higher tiered tools than stone tools.
  • You can't build a TiCo smeltery... yet. The blacksmith is still solving algorithms and equations on how to build it... ;)
Difficulty
N/A

Tools
  • Use your high-tech stone tools!
  • You can finally craft a bucket.
  • A forge hammer to create iron plates for the bucket.
The Smithy
  • The smithy should be made completely out of stone materials.
  • Craft 4-8 furnaces for the Smithy - the blacksmith would most likely need a lot of smelting power.
  • This is where your TiCo tool construction will take place now - move your tool stations over to the Smithy.

I am going to update this as much as I can, but I'm posting this as of now to see how people like this so far. I know it is very similar to the Refugee to Regent challenge, but I'm heading toward the goal of having all stages completed.
I would love your feedback!

Note: Updating won't be as often as I thought it would be, I'm playing along with the challenge and seeing how progression is, and if it's even enjoyable at some points - so I'll be tweaking while I play, so expect to see some changes in the stages and wait for more of them soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Predatorkillol

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
This is where the updates, milestones, and featured screenshots/videos are going to be.

27th of March - Created post, added stage 1 and 2.

Please feel free to show your progress on this challenge! I would love to see other people's worlds and their builds! :)

Last edited:

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my progress on this challenge so far! I've just completed Stage 1, and this is what my world looks like so far:
pncjaNN.png