Solved Cauldron and Direwolf20 1.7.10 error connecting

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DigiZA

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings Guys and Girls,

We hate starting on a forum with a problem but I'm completely stumped on this one.
My users and myself when connecting to my server keep loosing connection. But IPTables, Firewalls AntiVirus etc... are all fine, or disabled.

But we still have the issue.

Server Side Error log
Client Side Error log

I'm Really at a loss, from rebooting of server, to updating java. to users reloading the Mod pack, nothing seems to help. I even loaded fastcraft client side thinking it may help possibly.

Any suggestions are beyond welcome at this point.

DigiZA

Jul 29, 2019
oh the server Specs are:

Memory: 6G (4G assigned to MC)
HDD: 100G (80G free still)

Plugins are:
BPermissions, ontime, Essentials, Player Heads, Lwc, World Edit, Vault.
Cauldron built with Direwolf20 1.7 v1.0.1

If that helps

DigiZA

Jul 29, 2019
Well heres something to make things even more Bizar.
Seems that there is a teeny tiny possibility for my users to connect. like 1 in 100.

again thought it must be something to do with my Network, but im not having any luck. network resources look 100% low usage and no errors running over the network, and firewall etc, all permissive on everything thats required. >_< my brains starting to hurt on this one now.

DigiZA

Jul 29, 2019
OOOOOOOkay,

i think i know where the issue may lie. Unable to ping Minecraft.net
Even though their help centre is reporting the service up and stable. anyone else have the issue.
just normal ping minecraft.net

DigiZA

Jul 29, 2019
Well I found the Issue. this case specifically I got a few people to do testing and run traces etc to see whats up. and found that 99% of my playerbase was with 1 ISP specifically. when my lovely 1% players logged in there was Zero issues. DUN DUN DUN.........

My flogging ISP has been generating errors on international packets, and they didnt bother letting us know there was an issue. SO let this be a new lesson.... Always remember the K.I.S.S. Rule.

Keep It Simple. Stupid
Check everything including your own dialup - use your phone or whatever to connect to just to make sure its not something that simple.