Castle

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Miguel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, Miguel here.

I'm throwing this up here for both suggestions and to see if anyone would like it for download.

Castle Overview
Castle%20Overview.png

Castle From The Ground
Castle%20%20From%20Ground.png

Castle Roof
Castle%20Roof.png

Miguel

Jul 29, 2019
Yuppers I wanted something dark with bright/light decor. Just made it last night but I will post more pics when i have time to decorate it XD.

Miguel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's just a shell =}.

The dark bricks are Large Blackstone Bricks and the lighter ones are Fancy Seared Bricks.
(The Castle itself is made of Block of Smokey Quartz and Chiseled Smokey Quartz Block.)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think this would look better in a dark mystcraft age with eternal dawn with some red and blocks colors in the sky :eek:

Reactions: PeggleFrank

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I like the shape, and most of the color, but I recommend adding something to break up the textures a bit.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I like the shape, and most of the color, but I recommend adding something to break up the textures a bit.
I agree. Basic black isn't a bad start, particularly not for a Castle O' DOOM(tm), but you might want to throw some other colors in there. Maybe some heraldry banners? A pool (perhaps a lava pool, given the theme?) in the courtyard? Maybe even bring in some soulsand and plant something like a Ghostwood tree? Swap out all the grass in the courtyard for cracked sand or tainted soil?

Reactions: SatanicSanta

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Lava falls are always nice, and you can use micro blocks to ensure that they go the direction you want.

Also hellbark wood makes for awesome looking structural blocks. Don't put them everywhere, but place a few of them in locations like corners, and then dress over the rest of the area with Microblock covers, of your preferred material, so it looks like the castle is decaying slightly.

Whether you love or hate Dartcraft, the Force Wrench lets you pickup cobwebs, which you could then scatter around the place. If you want it to be very eerie, use some spider spawners and ensure they can only spawn in one layer high 'crawl spaces', so as you move around the building you hear the skittering of spiders.

Miguel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I ended up making a village and growing one of those big trees trees (the ones from Natura mod I believe.) Unfortunately I lost the world somehow =(. (I think my wife deleted it by mistake lol). I've started over but I haven't made up my mind as to what to make. Thanks again for all the input. (I also like the idea of lava falls/lava moat).