Cart Assembler Upgrades

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skullface

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so i been googling around for a while and havent found anything about this... yet.

i been studying the upgrades of steve carts cart assembler and yet i am not sure which ones to use.

any suggestions?

i got 5 sides on my assembler to use and to be honest, certainly not certain about which ones to use.
info: far enough into the game to access galgador.

would appreciate any help, since i am kinda in startup with SC.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Cart Modifier does exactly what it says on the can - may be useful, may not be, it depends on what you did with your cart. It might have lived past its usefulness as it is, and require a bit of a redesign for new tasks.
If you've got a source of Lava (And with the Ender-Thermic pump, who doesn't these days) consider the Thermal Engine upgrade, which you can pipe liquid lava into to power it.
From there on, it's a matter of decisions. Hovering your mouse over the upgrades in NEI will give you an idea of what to expect. Note that ones like CO2 Friendly, which has 'Fuel Cost -15%' (IIRC) means the resulting cart will use that much less fuel, not the Cart Assembler itself.
Some of the upgrades reduce the cart assembling time, some help it with power generation and storage, and some increase or decrease fuel efficiency. It really comes down to what do you want - efficient carts, quick build times - and there's no reason (Barring resources) you shouldn't have two or more Cart Assemblers so you can have different upgrades on them.

Reactions: casilleroatr

Skullface

Jul 29, 2019
i am currently looking for a good way to speed up the assembling of my carts, since planning on setting up multiple tree farms, using galgadorian woodcutter, and the time of about 3h for 1 cart is kinda high.
(galgadorian woodcutter, tree exotic, information provider, internal storage, coal engine, extracting chests, top chest)

i considered to use new era. would it be useful to like place an ender tank hooked up to multiple ender thermic pumps on top of the assembler with a thermic upgrade?

also thanks for that co2 friend hint, didnt actually know it affects the cart itself and not the assembler.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
i am currently looking for a good way to speed up the assembling of my carts, since planning on setting up multiple tree farms, using galgadorian woodcutter, and the time of about 3h for 1 cart is kinda high.
(galgadorian woodcutter, tree exotic, information provider, internal storage, coal engine, extracting chests, top chest)

i considered to use new era. would it be useful to like place an ender tank hooked up to multiple ender thermic pumps on top of the assembler with a thermic upgrade?

also thanks for that co2 friend hint, didnt actually know it affects the cart itself and not the assembler.

new era is good and useful, fuel costs for assembly are one-offs and not that bad if you already have some kind of lava/charcoal gen. don't be tricked by industrial espionage like i was, it can make assembling times worse on build times exceeding two hours. energy crystal is a nice and cheap upgrade too.

I think you can use new era and espionage in unison but I haven't tried, and espionage is very useful for modifying carts. I'd go energy crystal, industrial espionage, new era, cart modifier, and thermal upgrade.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Note that the upgrade itself is where you pump the lava into, not the assembler itself - but that should work.
If you're going for quicker assembly times, Experienced Assembler will do the job at the cost of a higher fuel cost, as will the New Era one. Using both of them will mean you'll churn through whatever fuel(s) you might be using in the assembler at a high rate, so make sure you've got a good supply.

Skullface

Jul 29, 2019
okay, did a little setup now.

i am piping from 3 ender tanks linked to 3 ender thermic pumps through liquiducts lava to the upgrade. the assembler itself got 3 new era upgrades and a co2 friendly one. the fuel supply so far seems stable.

Assembly time went from about 3h down to around 1h. my guess is that 3 new era upgrades are kind of a waste, since its only 100% benefit for the first, at least thats my thought.
Is the any other good option to decrease assembly time?

for modifying so far i think i can make my way to it myself, just the assembly time is what annoys me hard right now.

MountedCombat

Jan 31, 2020
okay, did a little setup now.

i am piping from 3 ender tanks linked to 3 ender thermic pumps through liquiducts lava to the upgrade. the assembler itself got 3 new era upgrades and a co2 friendly one. the fuel supply so far seems stable.

Assembly time went from about 3h down to around 1h. my guess is that 3 new era upgrades are kind of a waste, since its only 100% benefit for the first, at least thats my thought.
Is the any other good option to decrease assembly time?

for modifying so far i think i can make my way to it myself, just the assembly time is what annoys me hard right now.

The more new era upgrades you put on, the less effective they are - but they're never worthless. Due to the "additive efficiency" rather than "reduced time" nature of the new eras, the resulting time is, for each possible number of new eras:
0: standard
1: 1/2
2: 1/3
3: 1/4
4: 1/5
5: 1/6
6: 1/7

So if you were making a galgadorian miner with oodles of fun toys jacking its build time up to 7 hours, the build times would be 7:00, then 3:30, then 2:20, 1:45, 1:24, 1:10, and finally 1:00. Given any delays caused by the need to supply energy, I would personally say that three is the highest that you can have without energy problems negating their bonuses.

MountedCombat

Jan 31, 2020
new era is good and useful, fuel costs for assembly are one-offs and not that bad if you already have some kind of lava/charcoal gen. don't be tricked by industrial espionage like i was, it can make assembling times worse on build times exceeding two hours. energy crystal is a nice and cheap upgrade too.

I think you can use new era and espionage in unison but I haven't tried, and espionage is very useful for modifying carts. I'd go energy crystal, industrial espionage, new era, cart modifier, and thermal upgrade.
Espionage, unlike new era, gets MORE effective the more of it you have. Having six of them causes all components to have 12:30 shaved off of their build time and shears 70 minutes off of the final build time, ideal for when you're pumping out carts that are primarily made of cheap, quick-to-attach components. If you're using a galgadorian drill or tree-cutter, though, those single items will overload even all six things together for a time similar to what they already had - anything quicker than those will still end with a net time reduction, though, so if you wanted to take advantage of espionage and use galgadorian tools you would want to have one assembler with six espionage and one assembler with modification and whatever combination of new age and power modifiers you prefer to add the drill/cutter on afterward.