Cardwolf IV: Back with a Vengeance [GAME]

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I know I have been asked to explain things by Pyure, but I just wanted to point out unless I am a big derp that sg and pyure were tied for lynch yesterday; 3/3?
Correct, sgbros1 and Pyure both had 3 votes, I flipped a coin and it landed on Pyure.

P

profrags

Am I the only one who didn't get an updated message with the role? :p

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who didn't get an updated message with the role? :p
Didn't feel like making ~22 convos when we already have perfectly good ones.

Ok, thanks. I had been waiting for that PM as a signal that the game had started ._.
If only there was some sort of other signal, like the post in the signup thread, or the post in the organisation thread.

P

profrags

If only there was some sort of other signal, like the post in the signup thread, or the post in the organisation thread.
If only xenforo actually notified me about either of those :(

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 2 end
  • 016Nojr was lynched! Their card was 43. Mafia 1-Shot Governor
Day 3 begins

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I updated my previous chart for what roles are in the game for D3 here.
I estimate that there's a doctor, cop, villager and goon in the game and I know of at least one other role, which leaves about 5 "unknowns" to me
I haven't seen a nightkill get blocked and the governor that just died was the one that saved Pyure (otherwise he would have saved himself automatically).
So what other roles do you think are in the game?

For now I am going to vote Pyure.
I had to be the one reaching out to Profrags for not contributing to the game, which usually is something town-Pyure does.

Reactions: profrags
P

profrags

1st: Thanks for noticing that I'm alive robin :p
2nd: I actually wrote a lot last night but I knocked out and didn't post it -_-
3rd: I was originally going to say my vote was going to be on Pyure because of the governor saving him without any reason other than our suspicion of him being in the mafia convo and wanting to keep him alive.
Top town: Scotty & robin
Top wolf: Pyure

Edit: Vote Pyure

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure Pyure is village for the reason his BBBF pulled a fast one on him.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
3rd: I was originally going to say my vote was going to be on Pyure because of the governor saving him without any reason other than our suspicion of him being in the mafia convo and wanting to keep him alive.
Top town: Scotty & robin
Top wolf: Pyure

Edit: Vote Pyure
On the topic of Pyure, I've given his lynching (or lack thereof) some thought. There are several ways it could be set up:

1) Pyure is town, and the mafia governor saved him with the intention of making him look suspicious.
This is an unlikely play because it just delays Pyure's lynching when they want other townies lynched - he is dying either way.

2) Pyure is town or mafia, and the town governor saved him.
Such an action would be a little unlikely. The governor would have had to have reckoned that the mafia had set him up or something in that vein. Seeing as it would be impossible for the town governor to know his role, this contributes next to nothing to Pyure's towniness - other than the opinion of a single player, which is nearly worthless on day one compared to now. I find this unlikely as well, as it's a silly waste of the town governor's single use of his power on someone of whose allegiance he has no idea.

3) Pyure is mafia, and the mafia governor (Nojr) saved him.
A most likely action by the MG if one of their team is about to be lynched - it would produce the uncertain situation that we currently have with the cheeky ninja pirate. I see no better application of the MG's single power use that keeping their kind alive. As far as I can tell Pyure did not join the bandwagon vs. Nojr. He probably just judged that Nojr might avoid being lynched without Pyure's vote on him.

Overall, this evidence makes me think that Pyure is mafia of some sort. For those that believe that his logical process of thought and his asking for evidence and other "helpful" actions - remember that it's very easy for any mafia to do that, and use any information they attain for their own gains as well as the townies. He's a smart guy, and knows ways like this to cover up his tracks - I've used similar tactics (and seen them used) in many a game of Town of Salem.
There's nothing concrete that I see in his favour, whereas I believe that this evidence is a little more solid. I'm perfectly willing to look at better accusations that anyone has or reasoning for Pyure's innocence.

Vote Pyure.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
2) Pyure is town or mafia, and the town governor saved him.
Such an action would be a little unlikely. The governor would have had to have reckoned that the mafia had set him up or something in that vein. Seeing as it would be impossible for the town governor to know his role, this contributes next to nothing to Pyure's towniness - other than the opinion of a single player, which is nearly worthless on day one compared to now. I find this unlikely as well, as it's a silly waste of the town governor's single use of his power on someone of whose allegiance he has no idea.

That option is impossible, actually. (Except if I interpreted the rules incorrectly.)
We lynched Nojr, who was the Mafia 1-shot Governor. If he hadn't already used his power he would have automatically saved himself.
He did not, so we know he used his power earlier.
On who? Well, only one person was saved from lynch so far and that was Pyure.
And that is how we know that Pyure was saved by Nojr, the Mafia 1-shot governor.

@Exedra Or does the role-blocker power come before the Lynch? (In that case, Pyure could have been saved by the Town Governor if the role-blocker blocked Nojr N2.)
I'll assume it doesn't. And even if it does, I'll assume that that didn't happen.​

Pyure can still be the Town 1-shot Governor, right? Nojr's power usage would have saved him from the lynch before Pyure would have "had to" save himself.
(I thought I found a way to state that Pyure was statistically more likely to be Mafia than any other people alive. I did not.)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Okay so yesterday was interesting. I got nojr lynched with a single post. Which was rather impressive if I do say so myself. I knew that he was some sort of baddie but I didn't want to give away my position until it was proven. I'm a cop. I scanned nojr night 1. I also said my role wasn't provable because saying it was is like painting a huge target on my back. Last night I scanned pyure. He's another baddy. If I'm understanding it right, I can't tell if someone's a wolf or a SK, just if they're guilty or not. So vote pyure lock.

Feel free to send me your discards now. <3

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Okay so yesterday was interesting. I got nojr lynched with a single post. Which was rather impressive if I do say so myself. I knew that he was some sort of baddie but I didn't want to give away my position until it was proven. I'm a cop. I scanned nojr night 1. I also said my role wasn't provable because saying it was is like painting a huge target on my back. Last night I scanned pyure. He's another baddy. If I'm understanding it right, I can't tell if someone's a wolf or a SK, just if they're guilty or not. So vote pyure lock.

Feel free to send me your discards now. <3

The role-sheet says that you scan for the "alignment" of your target. I see three alignments: Town, Mafia and Neutral.
@Exedra ?
I remain sceptic, but I will send you my tossed role.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The role-sheet says that you scan for the "alignment" of your target. I see three alignments: Town, Mafia and Neutral.
@Exedra ?
I remain sceptic, but I will send you my tossed role.
Huh. I've just gotten two guilty verdicts and I assumed it was a binary "good" or "bad" sort of thing like some games tend to do. We'll see what happens if I scan a neutral player I guess.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Best Butt Buddies Forever.

And on that note, how much do we trust Goreae's claim as Cop? As much as I'd trust Pyure, this could just be an another blind wolf trust ploy to get us to lynch a villager.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk