Cardwolf IV: Back with a Vengeance [GAME]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hiya! I'm totally awake now and I'm voting sgbros because wynaut.

And I do not have a provable role in the slightest. And I'm gonna ignore what pyure said and just immediately say what my discard was: FBI agent. Do with that information what you will.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Top town: the_J for the lover discussion, goreae for the possibly insane discard reveal.
Top wolves: sg for the random voting and not caring, nojr for vote switching more than he normally does.

I wanna hear more people gripe about this that and the other. Some people haven't said anything at all.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
@Exedra Maybe put player list in the thread?

Vote RealKC for no reason whatsoever.
Sure I'll put the player list in the OP I
I took the liberty of "making" this to track what cards are likely to be in the game.
Feel free to leave comments.

By the way, @Exedra, the list in the OP could be in card-order right?
That way you would have seen that you used 27 twice. (Nurse is 28)
Nurse was 28 the whole time I have no idea what you're talking about:rolleyes:

Anyway basically what I do is I have an info sheet (the one for Cardwolf III is in its thread). Basically I take the player list and put it in the table, then I put the card list through random.org and then deal the cards out in order. The table then has everyone's chosen and discards, colour coded, graphs and such.

I then randomise the discard list for the OP, so you don't know who discarded which card.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Sure I'll put the player list in the OP I

Nurse was 28 the whole time I have no idea what you're talking about:rolleyes:

Anyway basically what I do is I have an info sheet (the one for Cardwolf III is in its thread). Basically I take the player list and put it in the table, then I put the card list through random.org and then deal the cards out in order. The table then has everyone's chosen and discards, colour coded, graphs and such.

I then randomise the discard list for the OP, so you don't know who discarded which card.
Though if you scrambled the list anyway to deal, then arranging the discards in numeric order shouldn't give away any information but it would make the list much easier to reference.

Like if one wasn't discarded but two was, then that tells me nothing. Someone could have gotten 1 and 2, sure, but someone could have gotten any other card along with two. There's no way to know that role one is even in the game to begin with.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have an immediate decision yet on whom to push on as a possible wolf, so vote Pyure just because.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Though if you scrambled the list anyway to deal, then arranging the discards in numeric order shouldn't give away any information but it would make the list much easier to reference.

Like if one wasn't discarded but two was, then that tells me nothing. Someone could have gotten 1 and 2, sure, but someone could have gotten any other card along with two. There's no way to know that role one is even in the game to begin with.
Goreae has made a reasonable point so I'll put the discards in numeric order.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Anywho...after suffering through the director of nursing whining about tiny little bullshit items... I'm free and raring to go.

Town: j and goreae for offering valid logic to an actual conversation.

Unknown: pyure (only cause I've been burned before), robin (thanks for the chart of probability), Erin, real, leth I have no read on at all past the usual "throw a dart to start" sg is being random again.

Wolf is nojr for random vote changing with zero reasoning.

Still doesn't change my vote but those are my notions

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
As is my normal policy, I tend not to look at day 1 much because it usually doesn't mean too much.

However, goreae and Pyure feel town to me

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Anywho...after suffering through the director of nursing whining about tiny little bullshit items... I'm free and raring to go.

Town: j and goreae for offering valid logic to an actual conversation.

Unknown: pyure (only cause I've been burned before), robin (thanks for the chart of probability), Erin, real, leth I have no read on at all past the usual "throw a dart to start" sg is being random again.

Wolf is nojr for random vote changing with zero reasoning.

Still doesn't change my vote but those are my notions
Day one is always wolfy for me. I can vote Pyure even though there is no evidence against him. Pyure has had his revenge and his argument is a fair thing. I would rather want you to look at the pyure train.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
End of day 1 recap

• Pyure was lynched! Their card wa-
  • News just in Pyure was in fact saved by a governor instead!
  • RealKC was killed by the Mafia! Their card was 18. Mason
Day 2 begins

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
While that certainly cements Pyure as a likely town, it still doesn't disprove him, which is a bugger. Anyone?
Woops. Well, you're still townie for clarifying it.

Although, we have 52 cards and only 11 players, so there's gonna be a bunch of unused cards that are neither taken nor discarded...right?
Ah, that's true. Well, there's still a chance of one lover getting screwed over I guess.

Guess I'll vote Nojr as he's the only one who, in my eyes, has done anything even remotely suspicious. Has anyone got any better suggestions? I'd rather like to have something better to go on really

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
While that certainly cements Pyure as a likely town, it still doesn't disprove him, which is a bugger. Anyone?

Ah, that's true. Well, there's still a chance of one lover getting screwed over I guess.

Guess I'll vote Nojr as he's the only one who, in my eyes, has done anything even remotely suspicious. Has anyone got any better suggestions? I'd rather like to have something better to go on really
I like that vote. I think I like vote Lethosos even more since his vote specifically ensured I was (almost) lynched.

I'm adding Scottly to my townie list. His analysis feels genuine and I get the impression that he actually read through the damn thread.

sg: When I said you don't care, I didn't mean your absense, I meant your willy-nilly vote-style.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I sincerely suspect that Pyure was protected by the mafia governor.
Sadly, that doesn't really say a thing about Pyure himself.

As always on day 2, I have no idea who to vote for.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway

Why am I the only person who has "done anything even remotely suspicious"? vote the_j

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Why would the town governor protect you? He wouldn't know whether or not you're a wolf, would he?
I'd say only the mafia governor has a reason to stop you from being lynched. Either to help you, or to make you look suspicious.

Unless you're the town governor yourself, that is.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk