cant use treeanalyzer on oak sapling

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuiu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the DW20 v3 pack right now and I can't seem to put normal vanilla minecraft oak saplings in the treeanalyzer. Also bees don't seem to be doing any sort of cross breeding with my trees either.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
This is going to make me sound like a jerk, I'm sorry.

There is no reason for the pack to update to an unstable beta. Thus until breeding works properly and forestry comes out of beta testing I do not expect to see the pack update to include it.

Now, that being said it's really rather trivial to go grab the beta for yourself if you like. I will warn you that you'll also have to update railcraft or you will get crashes.

Now, assuming you knew the first thing, and did the 2nd thing (that is to say assuming I'm a jerk, and again, very sorry), we'll move on to the 3rd.

Treeanalyzer requires honey drops in the top slot just like the beealzyer.
Trees don't cross unless you have active bees near them. So tree breeding can fail for all the reasons that bee breeding can fail, sunlight, sky access, flowers, temperature, humidity or just plain dead bees.

Also, it's slow.
Horribly slow.
Painfully slow.
Horrifically slow.
Slow like a statue of link.
As slow as the weeping angels are fast.

Even if you do everything right, and are incredibly patient, the random rolling of random numbers, the fate of all our lives the RNG, goddess of evil, will sometimes smite you, strike you down and say, "You may not pass."

Reactions: Ashzification

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Tree breeding sounds perfect for the next insanity FTB map. Stack of each new sapling for the machine - what an headache!

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I don't know if I want to be impressed that Sengir got to stable this fast, or terrified that dire is moving that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.