Bug Can't start FTB Unstable 1.10

TrueCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I normally don't post stuff in Forums but i wanna play Minecraft and didn't play it in a long time and I don't know why it's not working.

I had some problems with Java latetly and think this is a part of this problem too..

I post a link from PasteBin with the console: http://pastebin.com/UnkfwJj1

hope somebody can help me :D

Z

zommer0532

You need to allocate more ram. Go to Options and then you should see a slider. It needs to be at least 3.75.

TrueCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
that can't be it.. i give 8 GB RAM.
I can start other packs but this pack i cant even start.

P

Pallitax

that can't be it.. i give 8 GB RAM.
I can start other packs but this pack i cant even start.
no it is not the amount of RAM your Computer has. The problem is the amount of RAM the Curse APP has for Java. MAximum is 6Gbyte here, you can allocate. So "8GByte" you stated can not be correct. In the Profile settings of unstable 1.10 you should see a menu "change profile " or something like that. It hides under the the three points "..." in the menu bar. Uncheck "system settings" you should see a slider then. Move it to 4Gbyte RAM or more (max is 6Gbyte). It should work. Or change it for all Profiles in the system settings of Curse App itself.
EDIT: If you change the profile settings of the modpack itself, Curse often updates to the latest forge without telling you. You will get a crash. In this case you manually have to select to select the right forge. So it is better perhaps to give Java the right amount of RAM in the system settings of Curse itself.

Last edited:

TrueCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the FTB launcher and not the Curse launcher actually. But in the FTB launcher i allocate 8 GB and its not working. however, now im using the Curse launcher and give it 5 GB and the Pack starts without any problems :)

Thanks for the Help :D

P

Pallitax

I was using the FTB launcher and not the Curse launcher actually. But in the FTB launcher i allocate 8 GB and its not working. however, now im using the Curse launcher and give it 5 GB and the Pack starts without any problems :)

Thanks for the Help :D
Perfect. Be aware: if you change the RAM usage in the profile Settings of the modpack (instead of Curse App in general) Curse tends to override the forge version with the newest without telling you this, leading to a crash in most times. I have seen this during update procedures, too. I always have a second look on the forge version out of this reason.