Cant play any game

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sniperlif3

Jul 29, 2019
I had multiple mod packs including Direwolf20, Material Energy^3, and Crash Landing to name a few.
They worked fine up until around a week or two ago and now when i select them to play the launcher loads a couple of items and then it closes without even opening minecraft. I can play the Vanilla version through the launcher but none of the other mods will work.

I have tried to uninstall FTB completly as well as java but no matter what i do it just does not work at all. Is there a problem with the launcher and mods?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Have you recently updated your java? There are a lot of folks having issues with java 8 at this time (8.10? not sure off the top of my head) and it may be your issue.

Mystero123

Jul 29, 2019
reinstalle java, with me thats work. If it don't work clean up your computer with ccleaner, it's a good program.

thallpunk

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem what my solution was is to change from a 32 bit to a 64 bit download then reinstall mod packs...

Evaninho94

Jul 29, 2019
No.1 tip don't let your brother be a retard and install 32 bit on a 64 bit computer. Just like mine did

thallpunk

Jul 29, 2019
I am so glad im not the only one with the 32 to 64 bit java problem but in my case my FATHER whos job is to BUILD and FIX computers for a living downloaded 32 bit java on my 64 bit computer

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Well to be fair, if you just go to the Java website and click big red "Install Java!!!11oneone" button, you get the 32-bit by default, irrelevant what OS and/or browser you're running.

You need to specifically want 64-bit and actively seek it out to get 64-bit installed. Unless you're a Java developer, or a modded MC player, 32-bit works fine for just about anyone.

Reactions: Wagon153