Open Cant get LAN to work

NeptuneJr2

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Cant get LAN to work

Pack Version 1.5.3

What is the bug? Whenever I start a LAN server on my world, another computer in the house cannot connect to it. The host operating system is Windows 10 and the other is Mac. The server won't show up on the mac, and whenever i try to put the 5 digit number in the direct connect area, it says "Java.net.NoRootToHostException: No root to host" I enabled both the Minecraft launcher and twitch through the window's and the Mac's firewall. I checked, the Java and the game version are the same. The launcher version that gets run by twitch is different, I tried to download the new launcher on the mac (which has the older launcher,) and twitch wouldn't use it. Would that effect it? What do I do? EDIT: Also, occasionally, when I try to quit the game after the LAN fails to connect, it becomes unresponsive for some reason.

Mod & Version Vanilla minecraft, I guess. 1.10.2

Link to log file Didn't know how to do this

Is it repeatable? Yes. Start a LAN world.

Known Fix NONE. That's why I'm here

Last edited:
B

benggoal

same problem here, server hosted with WINDOWS 10 and i'm using Mac.
i can add the server, but i can't connect into it.
14bjfgz.png

16784gm.png

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The second screen shot says why you can't connect. It is unable to validate the minecraft game logon with Mojang. You might want to go to minecraft.net and see if the mac user can log in to that site. But the invalid login session is really an issue with vanilla minecraft and Mojang.